The future or the past?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The past or the future?

• The past

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • The future

Votes: 20 58.8%

• Total voters
Future...Because even if the new U2 material doesn't turn out to be as good as the "old" stuff, there's nothing like the feeling of hearing new U2 music for the first time!

wertsie said:
Future...Because even if the new U2 material doesn't turn out to be as good as the "old" stuff, there's nothing like the feeling of hearing new U2 music for the first time!

But the new material has turned out to be as good as the old stuff... so there we are... :lol:

I voted for the past, because I've actually heard some stuff from it...

Seriously there's a very slim chance of U2 surpassing what they've accomplished already. Even if they put out one hell of a phenomenal classic album (which isn't beyond them) it likely won't be a match for the amazing albums they've put out before.

Time is a train..... Makes the future.. The past ..Your face pressed up AGAINST the glass....

Zoo Station

A_052.jpg

I've gotta make it on time , make it on time

:yes: :yes:

SkeeK said:
Seriously there's a very slim chance of U2 surpassing what they've accomplished already. Even if they put out one hell of a phenomenal classic album (which isn't beyond them) it likely won't be a match for the amazing albums they've put out before.
Didn't they do just that with ATYCLB? It's a classic album, that doesn't quite measure up to their amazing past albums (JT and Achtung).

I actually think that the next U2 record will be their best album to date. It will shock a lot of people in a very, very good way. Remember I said this when you hear it for the first time next fall.

Last edited:
SkeeK

SkeeK said:

Maybe they can't surpass what they have accomplished, but they are certainly as good as they were before (maybe even better). This is just a question: What other (newer) album (from other artists) are and will be greater than ATYCLB?

I'm for future , but latest work by U2 made me to think that U2 days are over as a rock band , now they will take place with Aerosmith and Rolling Stones = nothing new but the same re-worked hits , Electric Storm and Hands that build america are good songs , the problem is that U2 already wrote stuff like that and it was much better (old Bono's voice is and fukin edge or whoever new mixing , i don't like this poppy style , BRING BACK fLOOD !!!! ) . i hope next album will be a answer to my questions in a positive way . if not , this future will be without U2 .

ha, I don't doubt U2 will surpass what they've accomplished
but since they probably won't do what most people here want them to it won't be recognized as such

personally I prefer the present

I love hearing new U2 songs for the first time, but on the other hand, there's nothing that compares to blaring "Where the Streets Have No Name" in your car on the open road ( :hyper: ) or listening to "If You Wear that Velvet Dress" just before you drift off to sleep ( :cute: ) or that punch-in-the-stomach feeling you get whenever you hear 'that one part' in "With or Without You." :heart: *sigh*

"Electrical Storm" and "The Hands..." are Ok songs, but they sound tired and stale and are lacking the raw emotion found on their previous work. I love U2 and always will, but I just don't see them ever creating new music that will be as exciting as what they've already done. Of course, if Bono & the boys want to prove me wrong, I'd gladly eat my words. ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom