The Crystal Ballroom - Song Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn this is a nice song--I don't care if it doesn't really "fit" thematically w/ the rest of the record, it's too good for me not to include it somewhere :hmm:

EDIT: Will probably place it either before or after TIWYCFM...

God damn. This song is groovy as hell. Totally new sound for the band... these dudes are in their 50's???

Damn shame that this song didn't make the cut. While Lucifer's Hands is clearly a B-string (a solid one at that) this would have slotted perfectly after SLABT, fitting the more dance-driven TIWYCRMN. Hopefully they give it love live, hell release it as a single to promote the deluxe album.

I like this song better than every track on SOI barring "California"...this is catchy as hell and finds them outside of their comfort zone. Very Depeche Mode sounding.

The chorus is totally new order. First impression: fucking love it.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Not that fond of the song, I like Lucifer's Hands a lot more. Personally I don't get why some people would place it on the regular album. I think SOI is fine the way it is, maybe, just maybe with a possible inclusion of Invisible.

Crystal Ballroom has some nice moments, I also think it fits into the SOI concept thematically. It's kind of a bridge between past and presence, since it combines Bono's memories of his parents with the present reality of U2 being a band. Nice concept, though the song doesn't convince me musically.

I like it a lot. It wouldn't fit on the album and I'm glad that it was left it off, but if this is the type of the song they leave on the cutting room floor it speaks volumes about the overall quality of Songs of Innocence, and it bodes very well for Songs of Experience.

It's not perfect or anything, but the best B-side since Pop I think.

It's baffling that this didn't make the album. It's sleazy sounding and a hell of a lot of fun.

Boring shit like Song for Someone made the album over this. Friggin U2. They always do this.

And yes, U2 clearly were listening to Love Is the Drug and/or Rock the Casbah when they wrote this.

Last edited:
I like this song better than every track on SOI barring "California"...this is catchy as hell and finds them outside of their comfort zone. Very Depeche Mode sounding.

WTF? YOU like a song from this session? Better be carful, California....TCB....and you posted something quasi positive about the Miracle. "I feel the good in you" the dark side has not taken you yet.

I'm actually very interested/excited to hear this now! Alas, I WILL hold off until Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

See, this is a perfect example of textbook trolling. It was obvious he was only talking about the acoustic sessions, but you had to make this statement which you've made SEVERAL times. If you have to keep repeating yourself then you're doing it wrong.

I don't have to repeat anything. He commented on Bono. So did I. No reason for you to be offended by that. Also I don't use lame interwebs words like "trolling" so not sure what you mean by that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom