the band The Music and U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zootvc15

The Fly
Anyone else here like them? I just recently picked up their cd and it's freaking awesome. Sounds kind of like an updated version of Zeppelin crossed with U2 at their hardest-rocking, often with techno-ish beats. I'm wondering if anyone has heard anyone in The Music refer to U2 as an influence, or if any of u2 has said anything about The Music. It's obvious that U2 is a major influence on them, but I don't know if they have said so or not. And they seem like the kind of thing U2 would be into lately. Well, anyway, just wondering if anyone here likes 'em, or knows any more than I do about the U2 connection, and I want to recommend them very highly to anyone, and especially U2 fans...

Last edited:
Hey!

i have been listening to The Music for about a year now and U2 for years. When i first heard the Music I was hooked. they are amazing and talented artists. I do see the connection between them and Led Zeppelin..as well as Janes Addiction kind of. But there is only one song i know of on thei rnew CD which reminds me of U2. But thats it. Then again this is a personal opinion subject :) i can't wait for The Music's and U2's new cd this year! I saw an interview with the Music and when they were asked who their influences was all they said was "i duno..good music. it has to have soul." they never specify who they like. It's obvious they are heavily influenced by blues as well.

hey, i've seen THE MUSIC live, and u2 live numorious times.
the music is good, b ut nothing like a u2 show. they were trying to win over an audience that didn't really know who they were. must have been how u2 felt way back in the day. in terms of musical similarity, i'm not so sure. another band i've seen live, COLDPLAY, is much more like u2's sound i think!

I'm not saying they sound like U2's classic sound- notice I said "U2 at their hardest rocking". So much of the guitar is SO "Edge rocking out". Anyway, thanks for the replys...

I got the CD last month, and I love it...one of my faves right now. I personally don't see much of a U2 connection though. Definitely Zeppelin though...and Dad said that "Getaway" reminds him of Uriah Heap, which I can also see.

The Music rule...great cd..even better live DVD. The Music Live at the Blank (black?) Canvas....great stuff. Even better live than in the studio.

Wait till Cujo sees this.

Back
Top Bottom