The band does not mind if you post Vertigo.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mikal said:
of course you will. but that won't always be the case. my friend lives like that and i see him get screwed over again and again. street smarts is definitely underrated.

Or overrated. We could really go fym on this topic :crazy:

:D

Being nice to posters is fine and good, I'm all for it, but I can't help comparing this situation to all of the other people over the years who have come and gone posing as someone affiliated with the band. This one seems to be different. This one's still posting.

I think everyones in that boat. I have never had such fantastic turn outs to my crappy polls. lol
Mine is a direct result of a new puppy who right now is cujo reincarnated but too very cute.. come to think of it I don't have the ability to be bored..

time for an IP check!
:banghead:

Last edited:
Katey said:
all this guessing is not really getting anyone anywhere.

I'm just having a little fun with Dalkey's mystery man routine. I suspect he/she is having a little fun with it too. I very much enjoy Dalkey's posts even if they're not legitimate (as I said earlier though, they're increasingly being treated as legit around here). I totally agree with the kindness thing no matter if you believe a post or not. I don't see any harm playing a guessing game, though. I'm sure Dalkey can handle some good natured joshing.

Look... it's time to drop the topic of who Dalkey Beach is. The reality of things is that none of you actually know who I am, nor can you prove it. Even if you've met me, or seen pictures of me, you don't know what I do, who I am, or who I know.

Dalkey Beach is a long lost cousin of mine. :wave:

So there! :madspit:

Now stop bickering about something you can't possibly prove here. Sometimes you need to just listen, observe, and enjoy the ride... sort of like being a U2 fan. Do you question the band's motives for making music?

I thought all your cousins were on Full House Elvis. Or are you still in your bad mood? :wink:
Speaking of bad moods, I've been in one for 5 years now and am trying to make the effort to snap out of it. Doesn't actually matter at all who people are on this forum, dont be nice because they MIGHT be someone important or impressive, be nice because it's your nature. If you cant be nice, then expect threads to be closed and restrictions to be put on access. It's about all Interference can do. And obviously I am not talking to you Elvis, but me, and everyone.

Did I mention in this thread I have my own office?
Can you tell I'm doing NO work?

:hyper:

Ok, no more sidetracking. Back to posting/hosting leaks/links etc.

Angela Harlem said:
Doesn't actually matter at all who people are on this forum, dont be nice because they MIGHT be someone important or impressive, be nice because it's your nature. If you cant be nice, then expect threads to be closed and restrictions to be put on access.

You're very right. People should be nice on their own accord... and can't be forced to. However, if/when people go overboard and get out of line, break the rules (as outlined in the FAQ), then perhaps we have to take other solutions under consideration. The thing is, I think people are just so on the edge of their seat that they'd call Bono a fraud if he walked in here, claimed he was himself, and had PM issue a press release stating so. Everyone just need to chill out.

We'll all have VERTIGO very very soon!

it's a good thing i can admit that i'm an asshole, lol!

really, though, it's like an 8 year old on X-Mas Eve, i'm going nuts, i smoked over a pack of cigs today, my lungs hurt now.

Would the band care if we posted the MP3?

Does the band want us to listen to it on the radio?

Does the band only want us to listen to it on the radio?

Does the band care if we record the song off the radio and listen to it over and over again?

If we did, would it make any difference whatsoever, besides to hype their upcoming album for them?

If the band is pissed because we liked their songs enough to download them and listen to them over and over again then their idiots, plain and simple. It's no different than listening to it on the radio, except for the fact that we have to wait through a bunch of music we don't even like on the radio. If U2 is a good band (which it is), and they make good music (which they do), then MP3s won't be a problem, because they'll have fans that are fanatical enough to buy the albums either way (which we do).

The reason most artists hate file sharing is because they want us to hear their "great" singles, then they want us to buy their CDs with three decent songs on them. It's pathetic. Great artists only want their music out there. But are most artists today great? No. Most aren't capable of releasing a decent full album. Of course they don't want us to figure this out until we buy the album. It's the business of music these days, it's no longer just an artform. Do you think "artists" such as Avril Lavigne, Justin Timberlake and Linkin Park would be happy performing if it wasn't for all the hollywood glamour and crowds of ignorant, insecure, immature teens idolizing them? I sure don't think so.

It's about the music, plain and simple.

Last edited:
I'm glad we're back on topic now!

SO.. since we are....

The first person to send me a FULL track of VERTIGO in either mp3 or aac/m4a to elvis@interference.com will get a free cookie!

I'm not joking. I'll ship the cookie internationally if I have to :D

I hope I will have it in aac/m4a to send you. Really really hoping they do that, I don't know if I'll be by near a radio all day. :mad: Plus I don't want to make an illegal against the law recording. :tongue:

Last edited:
neutral said:
I hope I will have it in aac/m4a to send you. Really really hoping they do that, I don't know if I'll be by near a radio all day. :mad: Plus I don't want to make an illegal against the law recording. :tongue:

I never said the track would be posted... you'd just be sharing it with me. That's not so illegal.

Elvis said:
I'm glad we're back on topic now!

SO.. since we are....

The first person to send me a FULL track of VERTIGO in either mp3 or aac/m4a to elvis@interference.com will get a free cookie!

I'm not joking. I'll ship the cookie internationally if I have to :D

Do I get a cookie shipped to Australia even if it's WMA?

Back
Top Bottom