***Survivor: Not even angels could save this one (Singles Top 9)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote OFF the single you like the LEAST

• New Year’s Day/Treasure (Whatever Happened To Pete The Chop?)/I Threw A Brick (live)/A Day Without M

Votes: 23 28.0%
  • With Or Without You/Luminous Times/Walk To The Water

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For/Spanish Eyes/Deep In The Heart

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Where The Streets Have No Name/Silver And Gold/The Sweetest Thing (original version)/Race Against Ti

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • All I Want Is You (single edit and album version)/Unchained Melody/Everlasting Love

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • The Fly/Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle Of Milk-Korova 1/The Lounge Fly Mix

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • One/Lady With The Spinning Head/Satellite Of Love/Night And Day (Steel String Remix)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Even Better Than The Real Thing/Salome/Where Did It All Go Wrong?/Lady With The Spinning Head (Exten

Votes: 23 28.0%
  • Stay (Faraway, So Close!)/I've Got You Under My Skin/Slow Dancing (without Willie Nelson)/Lemon (Bad

Votes: 17 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Axver

Vocal parasite
We've reached the top ten, and for the first time, every single in the competition received a vote. Out of those ten, the loser was ...

IF GOD WILL SEND HIS ANGELS

Non-winners list
Finals
38. If God Will Send His Angels
37. Staring At The Sun
36. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
35. Sunday Bloody Sunday
34. The Unforgettable Fire
33. Popheart
32. Out Of Control
31. Beautiful Day
30. Desire
29. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
28. Electrical Storm
27. Vertigo AND Walk On
26. I Will Follow
25. 11 O'clock Tick Tock
24. Stuck In A Moment
23. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
22. Two Hearts Beat As One
21. The Sweetest Thing
20. A Celebration
19. Gloria

90s/00s Singles
18. Please
17. Elevation
16. Discotheque
15. Last Night On Earth
14. Miss Sarajevo
13. All Because Of You
12. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
11. Numb
10. Lemon
9. Mofo AND Mysterious Ways

Eighties Singles
8. Fire
7. Angel Of Harlem
6. One Tree Hill
5. A Day Without Me
4. In God's Country
3. Another Day
2. 40
1. When Love Comes To Town

Full results from the previous round
If God Will Send His Angels - 27 votes
Even Better Than The Real Thing - 12
New Year's Day - 8
The Fly - 6
All I Want Is You - 5
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - 3
One - 1
Stay - 1
Where The Streets Have No Name - 1
With Or Without You - 1
All singles received a vote.

Total votes = 65

Finals: U2 Singles Survivor - Top Nine

is now open. Please vote by clicking in the circle next to the single you like the LEAST on the electronic poll above. Thank you.

Please be aware that you are voting on the WHOLE single release, not the individual a-side. In the same way that album survivor involved whole albums with their full complement of tracks competing against each other, singles survivor will involve whole singles with their full complement of tracks competing against each other.

This is a TWO day timed electronic poll.

Instructions:

Voting

Each round please vote off the single you like the least. The single with the most amount of votes is the the least popular for this round. Voting is anonymous. It's not compulsory to state your preference in the thread.

Next round all the singles are listed again, minus the single that receives the most amount of votes this round. And again please vote for your least favourite single from the selection.

And on we go for many rounds until there's only two singles left. In the last round you vote for your favourite out of the two. The last single standing is the most popular (or the least unpopular depending on how you look at it).

Tie Breaker

In the event of a tie, both or all tied singles will be instantly eliminated from the competition.

Have fun!

Stay, this time. Shouldn't have made it this far.

Now it's getting hard. I can't bring myself to vote for New Year's Day yet. I really like Treasure. So Stay gets my vote.

Voted for "New Year's Day" for the fourth or fifth consecutive round.........here's hoping it finally leaves.

new year's day!

i see Stay has 6 votes now. people trying to vote it off, are you f**kin' kidding me? it's the best single out there.

z00ropean said:
new year's day!

i see Stay has 6 votes now. people trying to vote it off, are you f**kin' kidding me? it's the best single out there.

Are you kidding? Stay's the weakest single left. Slow Dancing would benefit from the full band, the Lemon remixes ... well, they're remixes, enough said, and I'd rather real b-sides over live tracks. And when it comes down to NYD versus Stay in b-side terms, Treasure is better than Slow Dancing and I've Got You Under My Skin combined.

miss becky said:
Now it's getting hard. I can't bring myself to vote for New Year's Day yet. I really like Treasure. So Stay gets my vote.

So do I , but I can't bring myself to vote for stay, so Im going for I still haven't found.

it's B sides just don't make it an overall good single for me

For the first time voting has become difficult.

Voted for Even better than the real thing.

Where will all the votes go once New Year's Day, Even Better Than The Real Thing, and Stay are gone?

What to vote for? :hmm:

I don't want Stay and EBTTRT to go as they are both excellent singles. It doesn't matter whether something can be labelled as an outtake, demo, remix or live track, but what the quality is of that track. And I think those two singles have many excellent tracks on them.

I want to vote off ISHFWILF. Yes, Spanish Eyes is good, but Deep In The Heart goes nowhere. And I never really cared for the A-side. But I think I'll hold off voting for a moment, to see if I need to protect one of my favourites.

the tourist said:
Where will all the votes go once New Year's Day, Even Better Than The Real Thing, and Stay are gone?

Looks like it'll be The Fly and AIWIY.

Should Stay go in this round, I'm not sure whether I'll go after AIWIY or One next.

Aardvark747 said:
Even Better.....Stay CANNOT go yet!!!

Of course Stay can go now. What's it got going for it, besides the a-side? EBTTRT's got the absolutely awesome Where Did It All Go Wrong? along with LWTSH and Salome.

Axver said:

Of course Stay can go now. What's it got going for it, besides the a-side? EBTTRT's got the absolutely awesome Where Did It All Go Wrong? along with LWTSH and Salome.

Im taking the other Even Better single release into account really! With all the god-awful remixes.
And speaking of god-awful remixes, isnt the LWTSH track on there that bloody remix too?
:madspit: - hate it!

Stay has to be my fave. single. The a-side of course, then the live versions of Love is Blindness and Bullet are great.
Slow Dancing is gorgeous - and I adore the Bono/Sinatra duet...:drool:

(I totally know it wont win tho!):wink:

whoa whoa whoa whats this talk of getting rid of One? Thats the best single left and the one I want to win.:sad:

I think either With Or Without You or Where The Streets Have No Name will win.

God Part III said:
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For. Should have gone off ages ago!

Say it ain't so! This is the best U2 single there is. Period.

Back
Top Bottom