Superbowl halftime details

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikal

Blue Crack Addict
Maybe Larry will drive it with Bono, Edge, and Adam in a carriage behind them.

------------------
Look what you did, you little JERK!

Kevin! You're such a disease!

BAwahhhhh! I KNEW they'd play Streets!!!!!
yessss

LOL@ the harleys! This should be interesting!!

------------------
"Songs are the language of the spirit... the melodies are how you sing to God. It's a deep language. But they can't explain everything, because really great songs touch places that you can't explain." -Bono

** U2 Take Me Higher **

Jazz man bass man cool -bluey-

Originally posted by Zoomerang96:
btw, u2 is as commercial as it gets. so what? they WANT to be commercial to get good music out there so that it can be heard by everyone. dont you agree there music is fairly decent to say the least? its gonna be cool i think.
I agree, it's probably gonna be very cool + maybe their music will reach some people who don't know them that well yet
Originally posted by mikal:
muuwahahaha

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Originally posted by Zoomerang96:
again?!?!? whats that, twice now? :p[/b]
don't worry
I'll still insult all your stupid posts

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

As long as I get to see U2 play (even if it's just on TV and not in person), I really don't care.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Why do you all care if there are going to be dancers??? It's the friggin SUPERBOWL!! I am sorry, but it doesn't get any cheesier than that. U2 are going to be great and I can't wait to see it! Riding in on Harley's?!?!?! That's frickin awesome!
biggrin.gif
I say blow the minds of America away U2!

------------------
I disappeared in you
You disappeared from me
I gave you everything you ever wanted,
It wasn't what you wanted

lmao. harelys? that would be awesome, if it's true! bah-ha-ha! when they say dancers, i hope they mean a bunch people grooving like they were in the heart. as someone who has had professional dance training, choreography to elevation could easily border on tacky.

should be intresting...
tongue.gif

------------------
)|( Vande )|(

"Rock 'n' roll is a term that's been heavily abused. It's not
something you can buy in a record shop. It's an attitude." -Adam

"And I wear grey underwear." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

It?s cold outside, but brightly lit...

LOL, I like the idea of Harleys but NO DANCERS. Too Janet Jackson/Britney Spears/other cheap pop artists to me. Jeeze -- can you imagine Bono driving a motorcycle?! He'd knock himself over.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Don't call me Shirley." - Larry

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
Do you think that Bono would mind If I hopped on the back of his bike????

Didn't Greg Carroll die while riding Bono's Harley?

My sweet lord, what are they thinking?! LOL--it could be very funny. But look at it this way--it can't be as bad as it sounds or Larry and Adam would call in sick.

STREETS could be exciting. I remain optimistic. Remember how Bono said the one thing they never wanted to do was embarrass their fans? Maybe it'll just be fabulous. Maybe it'll be ZooTV Mysterious Ways x 1,000. Maybe. Dear God, please...

[This message has been edited by joyfulgirl (edited 01-02-2002).]

I hope the rosy-eyed posters here will be objective and upfront enough to take our boys to task if this is as cheesy as it sounds. I love u2, have spent a lot of $ on them and been inspired by them. But it's been disturbing that it's almost impossible to offer any criticism on this forum. I am optimistic but am willing to hold them to the high standards they set for themselves.

i have to say that i am a little skeptical about this whole thing... i mean, elevation and streets sound awesome (can you imagine the whole stadium going nuts during streets??), but the harleys and the dancers sound horrible! i hope that it's not as bad as it sounds... (and please don't flame me for questioning this whole thing. i love U2, i really do. but just because someone criticizes U2 from time to time doesn't make them any less of a fan!)

hopefully it won't be as bad as it seems.
smile.gif

I have no inside info, but I don't think those will be the two songs played. I'd say it will be Beautiful Day and One (or Beautiful Day and Pride), all of which are more "pop" and require little more than the 4 band members plugged in.

Elevation would be a tough sell to the casual fan (and there will be hundreds of millions of casual viewers for this one), and Streets would be awesome but might require too much technical support. Also, Streets might be too long.

The only other possibilities (long shots) would be Sunday Bloody Sunday, and Walk On.

There is nothing wrong with criticism and I promise I will be one the first to say if the show sucked. I won't like just for the sake of it being U2, but at this point, I have no reason but to remain positive. U2 have not embarrassed yet. Ok, so many think they have with Popmart, but even that came from a very creative direction, it's not their fault that many didn't get it.
I have faith the Superbowl show will be brilliant, and I really think the idea of them on Harley's is cool. Let's just wait and see. But if it sucks, there is nothing wrong with criticism.
wink.gif

No offense but the Discotheque video/Popmart getups were a bit embarassing. 'Pop' album rocked, though! And yes, I did "get" what they were going for.

Long live The Fly and Macphisto!!

Originally posted by oviedo:
No offense but the Discotheque video/Popmart getups were a bit embarassing. 'Pop' album rocked, though! And yes, I did "get" what they were going for.

I wasn't saying you were amongst those that didn't get it. I guess though, that embarrassing is all a matter of opinion anyway, because I loved the Discotheque video with Village People parody.
biggrin.gif
lmao!!

Originally posted by sv:

Elevation would be a tough sell to the casual fan (and there will be hundreds of millions of casual viewers for this one), and Streets would be awesome but might require too much technical support. Also, Streets might be too long.

I disagree sv. I think that Elevation is the PERFECT song to play for casual fans.
smile.gif

Holy Crap!! As long as they don't ride out on those new V-rods. Those are the ugliest fucking bikes on the planet.

And, yeah, I can't see Bono staying upright for long on a bike.
biggrin.gif

------------------
...the highway speaks of deserts dry...

Originally posted by mikal:

Maybe Larry driving and the other 3 in a triple side-car!!

------------------
The joker is the best card.

On Harleys? I dunno but I'm liking this picture! LOL Sure would be different! Ooooh Larry on a Harley!

Uh, I dunno about the dancers though!

hehehe

------------------
Nothing changes on new year's day...
On new year's day...
I will be with you again
I will be with you again....

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
interesting. hmm. Well, Larry I can definitely see on a Harley...but Bono? Adam?
-sula

didn't adam execute his unsuccessful escape from the police on a motorcycle?

------------------
you can stuff your sorries in a sack mister

I just noticed this atu2 footnote in that article (not included above):

[@U2 note: WENN has earned a reputation for less than 100% accuracy in its
news articles.]

LMAO!!! well, hmm...I think the cheese factor ranks high on this one, folks. I can see where they had to get Larry to agree to the dancers by tempting him with the Harley entrance!

Originally posted by elevatedmole:
LOL, I like the idea of Harleys but NO DANCERS. Too Janet Jackson/Britney Spears/other cheap pop artists to me.

I TOTALLY AGREE!

Jeeze -- can you imagine Bono driving a motorcycle?! He'd knock himself over.
biggrin.gif

OMG, even worse: he completely loses control, drives straight into the stands, and takes out a few people in the audience as well, heh! Let 'em ride in on Harleys - made in my ol' home town of Milwaukee, woo hoo!!

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 01-02-2002).]

Originally posted by Roland of Gilead:
If there are dancers, Edge will have a new girlfriend by the end of the game.
wink.gif

LOL
smile.gif

You just can't have a half-time show without the dancers, can you?

The motorcylces...that's a little scary!...Bono has trouble navigating a car, I don't know how he is going to stay on a bike...should we put bets on this
smile.gif
?

Elevation and Streets, now that's cool!

Back
Top Bottom