STUCK/NEW YORK ON LETTERMAN!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spanisheyes

Forum Moderator, The Goal Is Soul
Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast, and Berlin
A reliable source tells @U2 that U2 will perform two songs on "The Late Show
with David Letterman" on October 29th, instead of the usual one song that
musical guests are invited to perform. The source tells us U2 plans to
perform their current U.S. single, "Stuck In a Moment You Can't Get Out Of",
as well as "New York". The CBS-TV program is typically very strict about
limiting its musical guests to one song at no more than 5 minutes long. This
will be U2's first-ever live performance on Letterman's long-running show.
Bono and Larry appeared in 1997 for an interview segment, but did not
perform.

This will be a night to remember, two very appropriate songs for NYC and for U2 fans around the world.

Chris

This would kick ass! But I still have a hard time believing that CBS would, God forbid, run past it's time. But with what's going on in NYC, and the fact that it's U2, it could get interesting!

------------------
"I'm gonna start a day care!"-Bono

I didn't realize they'd never played on Letterman. The performance will be even more exciting! And two songs...the special treatment yet. Gonna be fun to watch the band with Dave!

Can't wait! I thought I saw that there's only one scheduled guest besides U2 -- so they seem to be allowing extra time. I really hope they sit down and talk before or after performing, too.

------------------
"Those U2 songs, they seem to have a lot of big feelings in them."
--Bono, Details interview

"He...never...shuts...up."
--Sheila Roche, on Bono

"don't let go, you've got the music in you..."

Two is better than one!

elevation_tour.jpg

Chris

Originally posted by spanisheyes:
Two is better than one!

elevation_tour.jpg

Chris
Chris- That pic is soooo beautiful!
I can't wait til next Monday to see Letterman, 2 songs would make up for the loss of their performance from the benefit-
COOL! VCR's ready!

think they'll do an interview? i need to conserve tape space!
wink.gif

------------------
?Hard as it is to keep it together, it is still possible to have those moments when it?s just the four of you being able to keep the rest of the world out... and that?s what it?s all about.?
-Adam

Love,
Emily

She wore lemon, but never in the daylight...

Mirrorball Girl is right. If there is only one other guest they could do this, but don't get greedy and expect any sort of significant interview if they play two songs. It won't likely be any more than Dave coming out and shaking hands and exchanging a few thank you's as the show ends.

The first half hour of the show is comedy bits, followed by 15-20 for the interview guest, which would leave 10-15 for two songs...the time would be there, but not with a sit-down interview of the band.

Hey Chris!
Yes, thank the good Lord, and Prop, I got GA for the 1st night, and I got seats for the 2nd!
So I'll see ya in line bright and early on Thursday!

Two songs and an interview are not out of the question. Springsteen was on Letterman back in 1995 w/ the E Street Band. They played Murder Inc., then a snippet of 10th Ave. Freeze Out coming back from a commercial. Then Dave shot the bull w/ the band on stage for a few minutes(and gave everyone a "ham"). After that they played Secret Garden.

Five min. for a musical act is the norm, but for HUGE acts like our guys, they make exceptions.

------------------
Sometimes the most powerful thing you can do for someone is to just tell them to fuck off. I am told to fuck off rather a lot by these three gentlemen.

This is awesome news, but it is best to accept this as just a rumour. Be happy that they are showing up on Letterman. Expect them to play one song. Everything else is like homemade chocolate chip cookies still warm from the oven.
Remember, things on NBC didn't quite work out during the NBA playoffs. They were a no-show for the NYC benefit show (for obvious reasons). Plus, U2 and rumours seem to mix like rum and coke. We'll just have to wait and see.

------------------
"I know that this is not goodbye." -Kite

Two songs would rule! And the "other guest" is David Hyde Pierce who plays Niles on Frasier. Since Frasier's my favorite TV show and U2's my favorite band, I may just tape the whole damn show.

Can't wait for tonight!!! Woohoo!

Back
Top Bottom