Stuck In A Moment - What a difference a different version makes...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
Seriously, the album version of Stuck In A Moment is almost a skip-over for me, but if they had put the Acoustic version of it on instead, it may well be in the top 3 of that record. They took a very good song and really butchered with overproduction and bloatedness. Perhaps some of the blame falls on the shoulders of Lanois and Eno. Who knows, but as far as I'm concerned, the Acoustic version of Stuck blows the original version out of the water, it really is gorgeous.

You haven't heard the best version?!

Mods would take it down if I posted it, it's copyrighted audio.

What's your e-mail? I'll send a ysi link there.

The acoustic version is very beautiful and I love the intro. However it does lose some of its original power when it is completely broken down acoustically.

Other than that I really enjoy that version. You know Jick remixed the album and acoustic version together and it was actually pretty well done remix.

I looooove both versions.
I even recorded my own "acoustic" version, but with all the verses, not like U2's acoustic one :wink:

I think the best part of "Stuck" is Edge's guitar (under the horns and crap), and the acoustic version loses a lot of that sweetness.

While we're talking about alternate songs on All That You Can't Leave Behind, the single version of "Walk On" is much better. They got rid of the excess (the awkward spoken-word intro, the "home" portion, most of the "all that you yadda yadda" outro). Would've made an awesome album closer (much better than "Grace," in any case).

Thanks, namkcuR. The original Stuck was one of my initial favorites off ATYCLB but I got a bit sick of it after a while. My own fault, since I played it on repeat. The acoustic version is really beautiful, a great new way to enjoy it.

Is this from the CD they sold only at Target? I have that around here somewhere but haven't listened to it in ages. (Obviously, since I had no memory of hearing Stuck acoustic.) Yet another reminder that I need to go through my U2 CDs to see what I have that's missing from The (Almost) Complete U2. In growing dependent on that and my iPod, I've clearly been missing out on some gems.

typhoon said:
I think the best part of "Stuck" is Edge's guitar (under the horns and crap), and the acoustic version loses a lot of that sweetness.

While we're talking about alternate songs on All That You Can't Leave Behind, the single version of "Walk On" is much better. They got rid of the excess (the awkward spoken-word intro, the "home" portion, most of the "all that you yadda yadda" outro). Would've made an awesome album closer (much better than "Grace," in any case).

Sounds great. I always thought Walk On would be better without that spoken intro.

I agree that there's too much going on in the album version of 'Stuck', but I can't agree that the acoustic version is better. Edge's teardrop guitar playing on the album version is nothing short of outstanding and the acoustic version just doesn't have anything to replace that missing indredient. I'll admit I could be biased here because I can't think of an acoustic song by U2 that I like. Acoustic U2 has always done nothing for me. Here's to hoping that they get rid of the acoustic halftime show on this years tour.

typhoon said:

I disagree on both counts. The horns were awful, the acoustic version of Stuck is much better.

And I like the original Walk On better....I actually think the 'home' verses are the best part of the song. I loved the hallelujahs at the end when they played it live but they just didn't come off right for me on that studio single verison.

boosterjuice said:
If someone would be so kind and email it to me at timothynash@gmail.com, I'll post a y o u send i t link.

There's a reason I didn't post a ysi link in the first place. The mods will take it down. The will not allow copyrighted audio to be linked to here. They just won't.

I've been hoping ever since that they'd embark on doing a few more acoustic versions for B-Sides. Here's to wishful thinking.

I gotta say that i love the LP version of stuck...... i think it is the most underrated U2 song ever. It has always been one of my favourites from that album. I think it is much better than the acoustic version.

D'oh! said:
I gotta say that i love the LP version of stuck...... i think it is the most underrated U2 song ever. It has always been one of my favourites from that album. I think it is much better than the acoustic version.

Then we must agree to disagree as I think the album version is bloated, overproduced, and too sugary, especially for the subject matter of its lyrics. I think the acoustic version fits the lyrics perfectly.

the horns awful? i dont think so...
i love the normal version, the acoustic one is also great

But i prefer the way it is.....great song, beautiful album

Back
Top Bottom