spiderman the musical

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phommel

Refugee
does anybody here know more about the upcoming spiderman-musical? Is already one year ago that I saw reports everywhere on the internet telling that U2 are writing a spiderman-musical. Since thenit has been very quiet about this.

I am still hoping it was a stupid joke. U2 making a musical? aiaiai If it was a rockopera it could be fun...but a boring musical?

Who says it will be boring?

Last thing I heard was that it will be played in 2010. Bono and Edge have already written the music, Julie Taymor is directing.

I'm mildly curious about it, but honestly, I don't think it's shaping up to be that big a deal.

Maybe it's because it's still a ways off (if it's indeed coming in 2010), but it seems to me like it's shaping up to be kind of a non-event in U2-land.

At least compared to the boatloads of ONOEZ OMG that we got here upon its announcement. :wink:

phommel said:

Come on, a musical is not Rock n' Roll is it?
It's something for Phil Collins...

Well, I've seen some musicals that were really entertaining.

Just because something isn't about screaming guitars doesn't make it boring.

I also love the opera and find it everything but boring, and there is no rock'n'roll in the opera, as far as I know.

Maybe this will be quite funny, who knows.

The Spiderman musical always seemed like a bad idea to me, and I just hope that (if or when it ever appears) it doesn't turn out to be something akin to Paul Simon's disastrous Capeman project.

The thing is, rock star musicals are always seemingly in danger of verging into parody, and I'm reminded of David St Hubbin's Jack the Ripper musical from Spinal Tap, the Elephant Man one from The Tall Guy, or the Dracula one (with puppets!) from Forgetting Sarah Marshall.

Back
Top Bottom