Songs of Experience 36 - Now with 20% fewer acronyms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is one of the replies on Twitter.

to*@SkyNews

Shame a train didn't derail and mount the platform and do us all a favour....

Holy fuck,that's incredible.

I generally try not to look in the comment section of any news post, as those people are frightening as fuck

Not just with U2...with anything. Here could be a post about how puppies are good for your heath and some douche will post about how puppies should be killed.

We have put disagreements here but no one has ever come within a mile of the POS territory of some of these low life commenters. In that Twitter feed, some guy wrote “some one should have pushed Bono under the train” thankfully some one called them out on it but FFS.....posting that you want to kill someone is okay??? Who raised these people, wolves(yes, as I typed that I started singing the song in my head)

giphy.gif

Not just with U2...with anything. Here could be a post about how puppies are good for your heath and some douche will post about how puppies should be killed.

We have put disagreements here but no one has ever come within a mile of the POS territory of some of these low life commenters. In that Twitter feed, some guy wrote “some one should have pushed Bono under the train” thankfully some one called them out on it but FFS.....posting that you want to kill someone is okay??? Who raised these people, wolves(yes, as I typed that I started singing the song in my head)
I replied to a comment,and the guy just came back with the laughing emoji. Wow what a reply.

Hi.

#catsordie

Hi Axver. I'm a lurker...but I saw you didnt think much of the new album initially. Do you love it yet? Just curious.

I am friends with a U2 tribute, they are all 80's/90's fans only, and I'm telling them to put the headphones on, not worry about which era it sounds like, and take it in for what it is. Waiting to see if it works for them.

Hi Axver. I'm a lurker...but I saw you didnt think much of the new album initially. Do you love it yet? Just curious.

I am friends with a U2 tribute, they are all 80's/90's fans only, and I'm telling them to put the headphones on, not worry about which era it sounds like, and take it in for what it is. Waiting to see if it works for them.

Ax's love for new U2 albums peaked with Boy.

Hmmmm...

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/8061774/andy-barlow-interview-u2-producer-songs-experience

Because UK people are jealous because 99.5% UK bands ( I am being generous here ) do not have the worldwide popularity like U2. I have read quite a few British newspaper articles over the course of last 20 years with headline like this " Why are U2 so big but our bands are not " or in case of NME ..... It's Depressing, But True - U2 Are The Most Influential Band Of The Last 25 Years - NME

Lol....."pointless syllable filler". U2 were doing that well before Wild Horses/Achtung (Bad, Pride, RTSS just to name a few) and it made those songs no less great than Wild Horses or many that followed with the same "syllable fillers".

Nope,not got mine yet. Don't even know what size of t shirt I will get!

In the US still waiting on mine too. This is getting a little ridiculous. Like I know its U2.com so ok they are not going to have it shipped to me on the release date, fine I'm easy going and a fan but we are approaching one week now.

I should have just ordered the album on Amazon on Dec 2nd it would have got here quicker.

Because UK people are jealous because 99.5% UK bands ( I am being generous here ) do not have the worldwide popularity like U2. I have read quite a few British newspaper articles over the course of last 20 years with headline like this " Why are U2 so big but our bands are not " or in case of NME ..... It's Depressing, But True - U2 Are The Most Influential Band Of The Last 25 Years - NME

I read an article like this, and she may as well have just written “you’re NOT better than me, Bono,” and she would have said the same thing.

It dawned on me Tues that I maybe had gotten another CD player (to sub for the one w the problem volume button). Found it in corner with some weird gunk on it. Had forgotten it, and "lo & behold" there was my "missing" for 1 1/2 years --copy of SOI! :lol::lol:

The interesting thing about that was I got to hear the songs with a very long gap of not listening to them.
Well, I did sing parts of Miracle and RBW during this period, since they were 2 of my favs. Cedarwood Road, Reach Me, Iris and The Troubles still remain favorites. California & Volcano I'm liking more now. Taking them out of all the comparisons, people's early reactions etc maybe color an opinion sometimes.

Now that I got the CD player cleaned up now I can get SOE in the next few days, if I don't get it tomorrow (which I hope I do :D). :hyper:

Going to listen again to SOI, had to do a fast run through, and see where I hear callbacks in SOE.

It dawned on me Tues that I maybe had gotten another CD player (to sub for the one w the problem volume button). Found it in corner with some weird gunk on it. Had forgotten it, and "lo & behold" there was my "missing" for 1 1/2 years --copy of SOI! :lol::lol:

The interesting thing about that was I got to hear the songs with a very long gap of not listening to them.
Well, I did sing parts of Miracle and RBW during this period, since they were 2 of my favs. Cedarwood Road, Reach Me, Iris and The Troubles still remain favorites. California & Volcano I'm liking more now. Taking them out of all the comparisons, people's early reactions etc maybe color an opinion sometimes.

Now that I got the CD player cleaned up now I can get SOE in the next few days, if I don't get it tomorrow (which I hope I do :D). :hyper:

Going to listen again to SOI, had to do a fast run through, and see where I hear callbacks in SOE.
I'm glad you found it! :applaud:

Why does the UK hate U2?

Its more about Bono to be honest. You can play a game of bingo as soon as an article pops up as to what the comments will be about.

Tax. Why doesn't he give all his money to charity. Tax. "If a child dies every time he clicks his fingers why doesn't he just stop clicking them." Tax. That time they flew his hat "first class" out to the US.

And if you look on Twitter, the SOI iTunes thing is still mentioned as if its something that happened yesterday.

It sort of started in the uk around 2005. 2000-2005 u2 were huge, arguably their biggest period here. I was at school/college in these years and u2 were massive to young people, cool aswell. Even the nme loved u2

It was when Bono's charity work was in the news more then u2 when it seemed to turn sour.

I can remember going to see oasis in a big outdoor venue around 2005. There was a big charity advert on the big screen and Bono came on, now the reception he got for just being on the screen was bigger then what oasis got when they came out. But it wasn't in a good way. That's the first time that stuck out to me. The tide had turned

But even the singles released after that windows in the skies, saints etc got top 5. Demand was still there. It was nloth and get on your boots that killed it off completely

When nloth came out u2 did huge press here for it. They took over the BBC, that was in your face and people didn't like it. It was even discussed in the Houses of Parliament saying that the BBC are using tax payers money to promote u2. They did the surprise gig in regent street. Radio 1 were all over get on your boots. That was the last song they played regularly. Think the record sold 150k in its first week then dropped like a stone, selling only 300k over the year

After that there was a Luke warm response to u2 being announced for Glastonbury and an even worse reaction to the actual gig

Soi release method went down like a lead balloon.

The singles theve released since bomb have not been received well at all.

In my circle of friends they all like or don't mind u2 but absolutely hate Bono. Which for the large majority puts them off u2

There is no way back for u2 here. The hate for Bono with their age thrown in definitely kills it off. Plus what hasn't helped is U2's choices of singles.lets be honest they haven't got it right for years

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom