SOI physical release + tour info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-ordered the deluxe edition, can't wait to here the acoustic versions and I'm really curious which version of Invisible will be the hidden track.

Same. Acoustic versions sound really interesting. Mostly looking forward to the new songs though.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Im going old school,im off work the day it comes out,so im going to hmv when it opens and getting the deluxe and vinyl copies

???

Given there are twitter images of the 2cd edition already, can we expect a leak soon?

Pre-ordered the deluxe edition, can't wait to here the acoustic versions and I'm really curious which version of Invisible will be the hidden track.

I'm thinking the version of Invisible will be the same as the one that was released early in the year. I think there will be only 1 version of Invisible and that's it. Yes, it said something like (RED) version edit blablabla but that was then. In the meantime other songs got finished and Invisible did not make the main album.

But we'll see in less than 2 weeks.

I just love the smell of the booklets, it brings me good memories.

Now, how will i get to sniff the booklet with two guys with their shirts off hugging each other without looking weird? :lol::lol:

I just love the smell of the booklets, it brings me good memories.

Now, how will i get to sniff the booklet with two guys with their shirts off hugging each other without looking weird? :lol::lol:

Okay, that made me laugh!

:)

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Can I ask what the advantage is in pre-ordering from an online retailer like Amazon? I mean, as opposed to just walking into a record store on the day it drops and buying it? Do you get it sooner? It would seem to me that online, with shipping and all, would take longer, no?

Sent from my ass crack

Can I ask what the advantage is in pre-ordering from an online retailer like Amazon? I mean, as opposed to just walking into a record store on the day it drops and buying it? Do you get it sooner? It would seem to me that online, with shipping and all, would take longer, no?

Sent from my ass crack

I think it benefits people like me that would rather have it delivered to my office than have to run to a store after work.

It would arrive at your doorstep the day of release. It's beneficial to those who are far away from civilization, busy, and/or lazy.

I think it benefits people like me that would rather have it delivered to my office than have to run to a store after work.

I guess my thing is want it on day 1, so that trip is well worth it..but if as Headache says it arrives on ones doorstep that day...well fuck that does indeed make sense!

Have to strongly consider this!

Sent from my ass crack

I guess my thing is want it on day 1, so that trip is well worth it..but if as Headache says it arrives on ones doorstep that day...well fuck that does indeed make sense!

Have to strongly consider this!

Sent from my ass crack

Just be sure to choose 2 day shipping!

Sent from my ass crack

What is this "record store" you speak of and where would one find one?

I haven't had the chance to read through this thread, but on the off chance this isn't old news, my brother ran into our U2 tour security friend at a concert in Boston today. He confirmed April 2015 start date for an arena tour.

It will probably start in Europe, as Bono said they will be in Germany in May 2015, though we know how unreliable he can be. :wink:

I'm pretty sure they would be on sale a lot sooner. Didn't the 360 Tour tickets go out like 6 months before the shows?

That's what I was thinking, got my fingers crossed they don't go on sale until November at the earliest

I'm pretty sure they would be on sale a lot sooner. Didn't the 360 Tour tickets go out like 6 months before the shows?

A minimum of 6 months before the shows. Wouldn't be surprised if there was tour info out as early as November.

A minimum of 6 months before the shows. Wouldn't be surprised if there was tour info out as early as November.

November would make sense as the album promos would have died down by then. So it would be some new news to keep u2 in the news

Given Adam's comments about different shows for different nights, it will be interesting to see where they go with this. If indeed they are doing arenas for at least part of the tour, I don't see where they'll have any choice but to do multiple nights in most cities. There's just no other way to deal with demand (and make the money they are going to want to make). It won't quite be a Vegas act scenario, but they'll certainly stake camp in some places for more extended stays, perhaps 3 or more nights in some cases.

And tickets for an arena tour are going to be expensive. I do think they'll make some lower cost seats available, but there will be a lot less of those to go around. And in any event the days of 30 USD 360 seats are over. Though I do think the price spikes will come mostly in the mid and very high end seats.

High end seats will be expensive but i still expect GA tickets to be at a good price. Also they should have a lower end seating price aswell

High end seats will be expensive but i still expect GA tickets to be at a good price. Also they should have a lower end seating price aswell

I agree, and I think they will make lower cost seats available, but there will just be a lot fewer of those to go around vs. 360. I think the big spike you'll see are on the better seats. Given Oseary's involvement, I think they may introduce more aggressive VIP packages this time around as well.

It's just basic tour economics. If they want to make an arena tour work, they either have to play multiple nights or if not charge a LOT more for the tickets on the nights they do play...and have a lot of disappointed fans. That's why I'm pretty sure they'll camp out in some places for extended stays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom