SOE 30: With a Fanscore of 5 Bananas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get Out ....might be even poppier than The Best Thing but it works better I think.

Blackout is great in studio version but you have to get adjusted to slightly slower tempo.

Get Out Of Your Own Way sounds like it would be on the first half of ATYCLB. And I mean that as a big compliment because I do enjoy the first half of that album...very much so. It's a good U2 pop song.

Get Out should've been the lead single, not Best Thing...what the hell were they thinking??

Blackout is brilliant as expected. one of their best songs in ages

Never thought we'd get a song like The Blackout from this band again. Amazing. Get Out Of Your Own Way is pretty damn good too.

The production on all of these songs is jarring on the first listen. Every one of them has left me uncomfortable first time through, but has settled down each time since.

They are both good songs, but this ultra-modern, clean production style takes some getting used to. Edge’s guitar tone in the solo of ‘Get Out’ is strange, and I was not expecting the acoustic guitar in The Blackout chorus.

Enjoying Get Out and Blackout! The Best Thing mix is the same as the single version, which makes me happy.

Also glad St. Louis gets a makeup date, but that might have cost Tulsa an extra show (if there were plans for one.)

Surprised Montréal is the only Canadian city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom