So Today I Was Listening to B Sides...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BEVERLY56

Refugee
from 1990-2000 Best Of. I don't think I ever listened to it! I was not impressed with any of the remixes and wondered how other people feel about the songs on the b sides. PS I love the B sides from the first Best Of!!

There are a few U2 remixes I like, but none of them are on the 1990-2000 Best of.

I do like a few of the songs (the original mix of Electrical Storm, North and South of the River), but for the most part, I don't listen to that second disc.

I couldn't tell much difference between the Electrical Storm on the main CD and the one on the B sides. I'll listen to them again, don't want to discount them all based on 1 playing. Don't like the dance mixes and the new voices dubbed in! Salome - liked the beat alot especially in the beginning.

I like the Dirty Day mix on the B-side disc as well as Lady with the Spinning Head of course...i also actually quite like Happiness is a Warm Gun:huh:

actually i like the 90-00 B sides. I like Lady With The Spinning Head, Summer Rain, Dirty Day remix, the Mysterious Ways remix, Happiness is a Warm Gun, the Lemon Remix, Discotheque remix, Electrical Storm...i think i listen to the B-sides more than the Best Of!

No Lounge Fly Mix
No Alex Descends to Hell
No Mofo Phunk Phorce
No Slow Dancing
No I've Got You Under My Skin
No Always
No Wild Horses (Temple Bar Mix)
No Holy Joe
No Satellite of Love

:mad: :mad: :mad:

This is how it should've looked....

B Sides:-

Alex Decends Into Hell For A Bottle Of Milk
Paint It Black
Satellite Of Love
Lady With The Spinning Head
Slow Dancing
Your Blue Room
Where Did It All Go Wrong
Holy Joe
Pop Musik
Summer Rain
Two Shots Of Happy One Shot Of Sad
Big Girls Are Best
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (Single Edit)
North And South Of The River
I've Got You Under My Skin (Bonus Track)
Mission:Impossible (Bonus Track)

Sod remixes!:madspit:

Lady With The Spinning Head is good, but they should have also included Alex/Korova 1.

The remixes of Lemon, Dirty Day are atrocious.

Summer Rain is OK.

Happiness Is A Warm Gun is horrid.

1.5 out of 5 total ranking:down:

I got to thinking last night...the reference to "Warm Gun" being about Yoko Ono...is that for real or was it a joke? Cuz I can't figure that one out.

Well, considering it's a Beatles song (and a John Lennon-writte one at that), it shouldn't be so odd.

Not sure if it's really about Yoko Ono, but you do know it's a Beatles song, right?

Those remixes are almost all a big piece of shit. North and South of the river, Summer Rain, Electrical Storm and Your Blue Room are equally awesome. I can't understand why they put there so many crappy remixes.

B.sides from 80-90 are 1000x best

Lady with the Spinning Head
Your Blue Room

TWO tracks that make me listen to this disc...I don't know why I don't just rip those two now, actually...back in a second.

[edit-] Right...now I'm back, WHY would U2 go and make such a stupid error by releasing a disc that's nearly COMPLETELY FULL of terrible, TERRIBLE remixes!! Did they actually ENJOY these over their original material?!

It's an outrage! 'Electrical Storm' was okay, but it's an A-SIDE for crying out loud [that version] I think the original would have been better if it HAD to include 'Electrical Storm'...nice accoustic guitars etc. but even THAT one doesn't compare to the William Orbit mix.

ah well...nothing can be done NOW.

Last edited:
Should have been....

01. Lady With The Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix -- the only really good remix)
02. Happiness Is A Warm Gun
03. Slow Dancing (without Willie Nelson)
04. I've Got You Under My Skin
05. Two Shots Of Happy, One Shot Of Sad
06. Night And Day (Steel String Mix)
07. Korova 1/Alex
08. Your Blue Room
09. Salome
10. Where Did It All Go Wrong?
11. Always
12. North And South Of The River
13. Holy Joe (Garage)
14. Summer Rain
15. Can't Help Falling In Love With You

for that matter, the A-Sides should have been....

01. The Fly
02. Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
03. Last Night On Earth
04. Lemon (shortened up a bit)
05. Mysterious Ways
06. Discotheque
07. Beautiful Day
08. One
09. Stay
10. Gone
11. Even Better Than The Real Thing
12. Zooropa (edit)
13. Staring At The Sun
14. Wake Up Dead Man
15. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses?
16. Walk On

liamcool said:
The Triple Peaks remix of CHFIL, right? The Mystery Train Dub sucks ass, but the Triple Peaks remix is droolworthy.

I thought the triple peaks remix was the only version! I had no idea there was another one. But according to your post, ignorance is bliss. :wink:

MumblingBono said:
Lady With The Spinning Head is good, but they should have also included Alex/Korova 1.

The remixes of Lemon, Dirty Day are atrocious.

Summer Rain is OK.

Happiness Is A Warm Gun is horrid.

1.5 out of 5 total ranking:down:

I agree with the lemon remix I hated this song, then heard the orginal on Zooropa yesterday and love it, same with Dirty Day, (Like i said in my journal), but I like Summer Rain and Happiness is a warm gun

I don't understand why everyone hates Happiness Is A Warm gun. I think it's a great, different outlook on a great song.

Back
Top Bottom