Should U2 go back to the Salome outtakes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

miss becky

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Sure, some of it is forgettable, but some of this stuff is pretty damn good. For instance, Sunset in Colors is simply beautiful. I'd love to see what the band could do with it.

So what would you think if the band went back to these musical ideas and decided to use them?

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Most of the better outtakes have been used.

Agreed. The good stuff's been used, so there's no point returning to what's left.

True, most of the good stuff became songs we all know. But something like Sunset in Colors is wonderful. I'd love to hear that riff in a song one day.

Most of the stuff on these outtakes are multiple versions of the same songs. I think there is only like 6 or 7 songs that have NOT been used in any way and are not related or a different version of a song that has already been released.

Last edited:
don't forget "heaven and hell" and "laughing in the face of love/woman".... (depending on which version of the outtakes you have, the name may vary)

some of the riffs have been used. i'd swear there's a hint of the outtakes in COBL & ABOY.

FungusAmongus said:
don't forget "heaven and hell" and "laughing in the face of love/woman".... (depending on which version of the outtakes you have, the name may vary)

I think "laughing in the face of love" is basically "So Cruel".

But yep, Heaven and Hell is definitely one, along with "Blow Your House Down" although many would say that has turned into ABOY.

I love the salome outtakes, there are some incredible pieces on there that never made the light of day, but I'd hate it if they went back to them.

That was 15 years ago - the band's moved on.

Shes gonna blow your house down has never been used and if that turned into ABOY then they totally fuc#in ruined it. Shes gonna blow was raw rock at its best, ABOY is plain fucking ordinary with a capital fucking PLAIN!

Back
Top Bottom