shit man this still sounds so good!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
is there a version of mercy anywhere withough the backround hissing?

Jim said:
is there a version of mercy anywhere withough the backround hissing?

Everyone's copy came from the same source. But I remember that the first time I downloaded it, it was very hissy. Then someone here tinkered with it and got rid of most of the hissing (but not all) and reposted it. Not sure which version you have.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i'd like to be the first one to say that i fucking hate mercy... based soley on the fact that we have nine cagillion threads stating how wonderful it is.

I'd like to be the first on to say that I love Steet Mission based soley on the fact that we have no threads stating how wonderful it is.

Swan269 said:

I'd like to be the first on to say that I love Steet Mission based soley on the fact that we have no threads stating how wonderful it is.

NO!!!!

Don't even joke about that! Street Mission must DIE!!!

DIE!!! DIE!!! DIE!!!

i'd like to be the first one to say that i fucking hate mercy... based soley on the fact that we have nine cagillion threads stating how wonderful it is.
I'll be second. Fuck "Mercy." It's worse than "A Man and a Woman." The only reason everyone's jizzing all over it is because it's unreleased.

How about putting the song's name in thread titles about it so I can avoid them easier? These threads are even worse when you don't see them coming.

typhoon said:

I'll be second. Fuck "Mercy." It's worse than "A Man and a Woman." The only reason everyone's jizzing all over it is because it's unreleased.

How about putting the song's name in thread titles about it so I can avoid them easier? These threads are even worse when you don't see them coming.

I think the New Mexico sun has fried your brain

typhoon said:

I hate it when people tell me why I like a song. Maybe you hate it because you're a moron.

Not trying to name call here, just making a point about the error involved when assuming why others like or dislike something.

Although I do think that these Mercy threads are getting a little ridiculous.

I admit, I jizz all over it. Just like I jizzed over Bass Trap, Salome (zoomancer mix), and the outtake (track 7) on disk 3 on the achtung three disk set.

bsp77 said:

I hate it when people tell me why I like a song. Maybe you hate it because you're a moron.

Not trying to name call here, just making a point about the error involved when assuming why others like or dislike something.

Ach, no one's allowed to think anything's great around here without someone telling you why it's not. ;) Wouldn't worry too much about it. :D

We need mercy from the Mercy threads! Ok, not really, I just wanted to use that bad joke.

I'm late on the Mercy bandwagon but it's an amazing, amazing song. The whole "love puts the blue back in my eye" bit and the riff preceding it is spectacular.

typhoon said:

sorry my friend but you talk shit

Its odd with Mercy for me, the whole feel of the song is amazing: it just has the feel of the Achtung Baby album, I don't know how that happened, but it has a similar air of greatness that that album has.

ummmm, help me out here please...where can i download "mercy"? oops, nevermind...i did find it on another mercy thread.

Last edited:
to me mercy is an ok song, nothing more. if it never sees a proper release, i certainly won't shed a tear.
I'll be happy if its not released, cos then it means only hardcore fans who could truely recognise its greatness will ever hear it. :D

Meghan said:

I'll be happy if its not released, cos then it means only hardcore fans who could truely recognise its greatness will ever hear it. :D

But then we wont ever get to hear it live!:sad:

Mind u, given U2's history when it comes to NOT playing their greatest ever songs live, I doubt we'd even get to hear it anyway!

Heartland....Acrobat...:drool:

Back
Top Bottom