sad beauty/U2, Live, Jeff Buckley

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoocifer

Acrobat
Watching VH1 this morning I saw "tribute" videos to the victims, fire fighters, and all around area of where the disasters struck.

I had not been driven to tears before that - but there is something about music and how it affects the soul. Last night I saw one that featured U2's "walk on" and it was more an optimistic feel and I was filled with a piece of light that won't ever fade now - the song has new meaning to me.

But this morning - I saw two videos, one featuring Jeff Buckley's "Hallelujah" and Live's "Overcome". Both songs seem to express these feelings of escape, sadness, and faith.

Truly both sad and beautiful.

God Bless.

~Zoo~

------------------
" They had the Vision, but we had the Television " - The Edge

" The greatest lesson you'll ever learn - is to love, and be loved in return" - David Bowie

Jeff Buckley's halleluhia (sp?) - one of the most beautiful, yet depressing songs I've ever heard. I had that CD on last night, and it really wasnt a good choice...as much as I love it. I'm rambling.

------------------
It's no secret that the stars, are falling from the sky...
-Kathleen-

"I'm a big nsync fan, but then again, I eat my own crap...." - Triumph

I have been saying Live is great for some time now on this forum.

Those guys are right behind U2 when it comes to authenticity, intensity, emotion, and soul.

I say keep the U2 and Live playing.

AJ

i would put Queen's "Who Wants To Live Forever" in that list of songs for 'absent friends'

and wendy matthews' 'the day you went away' is another sad song

Back
Top Bottom