Rumor Mill Churning About New U2 Recording

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spanisheyes

Forum Moderator, The Goal Is Soul
Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast, and Berlin
From @u2.com...

We're finally hearing rumors out of Dublin about the new songs U2 is working on during the current recording sessions.

Song titles reportedly being tossed around now are "All Because Of You," "Origin of the Species", and "Electrical Storm." That last song was mentioned by Bono as far back as December, 2001, in a Spin magazine article. "Origin of the Species" is another familiar title, and may be a leftover from the All That You Can't Leave Behind or even POP sessions.

We're also hearing that artist/producer William Orbit is currently working with the band in some producing capacity. Orbit co produced Madonna's Ray of Light album, and has also produced for No Doubt as well as remixing tracks by the likes of Blur, Sting, Peter Gabriel, Prince, and many, many more.

Chris

Apparently the new single will be Electric Storm

YouTwo.net: 'Electric Storm' reported to be next U2 single

July 25, 2002

Today's Daily Telegraph newspaper in Sydney (Australia) claims that the new
U2 single will be entitled "Electric Storm" and is due for commercial
release on October 21, 2002.

spanisheyes said:
Song titles reportedly being tossed around now are "All Because Of You," "Origin of the Species", and "Electrical Storm."
groovy! the only bad thing is that "all because of you" sounds kinda teeniebopperish (only because 98 degrees or something had a song with that or a similar title...) and i think "electrical storm" sounds like it'll be cool! :D :up:

Re: Re: Rumor Mill Churning About New U2 Recording

KhanadaRhodes said:

groovy! the only bad thing is that "all because of you" sounds kinda teeniebopperish (only because 98 degrees or something had a song with that or a similar title...) and i think "electrical storm" sounds like it'll be cool! :D :up:

don't worry, 'all because of you' couldn't sound farther from today's throwaway pop. in the state i heard it, it could fit seamlessly onto Marquee Moon...built around a simple but beautiful riff.

bono couldn't find the rehearsal tape to 'electric storm' to play me but he said later that he thinks it is one of the best things U2 have done.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom