Rest of U2 Survivor: The Joshua Tree - Round 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Play nice!

• Running to Stand Still

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • Red Hill Mining Town

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • In God's Country

Votes: 32 43.2%
  • One Tree Hill

Votes: 6 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
Exit caught the cure and went astray with 25 votes.

VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVORITE SONG

Polls will remain open for 48 hours, unless one song has taken enough of a beating after a day or so, in which case we'll call it an act of mercy and move on to the next round.

Songs in this round:

- Running To Stand Still
- Red Hill Mining Town
- In God's Country
- One Tree Hill

Criteria for song selection (at least for the albums): anything on the regular pressings of the Best Of 1980-1990, Best Of 1990-2000, and U2:18 is excluded.

In God's Country, on principle alone. Since it took out Exit. And is easily the weakest song left.

Why won't In God's Country go? I mean, it's a good song, but it's the 9th best song on this album.

Now, now, people. IGC isn't the best song here, but it's marginally superior to RTSS.

My favourite usage of In God's Country is in snippet form at the end of All Along The Watchtower Lovetown-style. I really wish U2 would've released a live Lovetown dvd/cd, nicely mastered and all....

Red Hill, love it, but it came down to choosing between Bono's Red Hill vocals and Edge's IGC guitar... Edge wins this time.

the tourist said:
My favourite usage of In God's Country is in snippet form at the end of All Along The Watchtower Lovetown-style. I really wish U2 would've released a live Lovetown dvd/cd, nicely mastered and all....

I think the IGC snippet worked even better as an intro to Streets on Lovetown, though both were absolutely awesome.

Also, I highly recommend the 1987-07-21, Munich performance of IGC in full. Really good version.

My opinion > your opinion, except where your opinion = my opinion, in which case you = cool and intelligent person.

:wink:

:wink: I hate all of you so very much.

Sorry, but RHMT is a fantastic song. If the video ruined the song for you, I pity you. :down:

1. One Tree Hill
T-2. Running to Stand Stil
T-2. Red Hill Mining Town
4. In God's Country

Rosebud said:
Isn't it funny how everyone loves all these songs until they have to vote amongst them, and suddenly songs "blow"... :wink:

IGC

:lol: Too true.

You all think RHMT is the shit. You really do. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom