Rest of U2 Survivor: Pop - Round 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Do You Feel Loved

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Mofo

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • If God Will Send His Angels

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Last Night On Earth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Miami

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • The Playboy Mansion

Votes: 44 50.6%
  • If You Wear That Velvet Dress

• Please

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Wake Up Dead Man

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yahweh is kind of lame, didn't we establish this in another Survivor thread?

Speaking of Survivor threads, Axver, while we stole POIs from the British 13 years ago, you guys are seriously late to the party. You can't call it debate if you can't handle an on the spot quesiton ro two, and if you can't say no to answering more than about two questions and taking them in mocking ways, like "but my opponent disagrees with what I just said about gravity keeping us anchored to the earth," etc.

Also you totally spelled "on" wrong. WTF is up with Australians and the way you spell the English language?

(waits 30 seconds to post, checks email, realizes coolian has a totally unfair advantage by being premium...)

Varitek said:
Yahweh is kind of lame, didn't we establish this in another Survivor thread?

We didn't stand for "kind of" half measures in that thread!

Speaking of Survivor threads, Axver, while we stole POIs from the British 13 years ago, you guys are seriously late to the party. You can't call it debate if you can't handle an on the spot quesiton ro two, and if you can't say no to answering more than about two questions and taking them in mocking ways, like "but my opponent disagrees with what I just said about gravity keeping us anchored to the earth," etc.

We got Points of Information in 2003 in Queensland - no idea if the rest of Australia got it earlier. They probably did, as QLD is one hour and about fifty years behind the civilised parts of the country. It was really fun in the first year because so many people didn't have the hang of it, so they were just piss-easy to own. I had a good time confusing people.

Varitek said:
But first I have to watch tonight's Lost.

What have I told you people about having a life outside Interference? :tsk:

*pretends he is not currently watching Australia suck at cricket* Me, a hypocrite? Why, no ... of course not ... :shifty:

namkcuR said:
Did they look at you like you were an escaped mental patient?

:wink:

With my hair, they probably thought I was 1981 Adam Clayton visiting the future and very stoned.

Oooh I finally thought of something crazy I did during the Vertigo tour. I screamed at the top of my lungs when everyone else was sitting in confused silence on 10-17 in Philly because Bono said "Does anybody play the-" (me screaming, knowing Bruce Springsteen was coming) "guitar" (3 seconds of silence, Bruce appears, everyone realizes I'm not crazy enough to think I'd be playign the guitar from the 2nd tier back-of-stage and scream about it)

coolian2 said:

Wednesday here, and i'm 1/2 way through the second episode (second hour) of the newest season.

Season 4? Intriguing stuff in episode 2, it had me a fair bit angry for a while at the premise but I've gotten over it. I'm watching ep 4, you could too if you torrented.

Varitek said:
Oooh I finally thought of something crazy I did during the Vertigo tour. I screamed at the top of my lungs when everyone else was sitting in confused silence on 10-17 in Philly because Bono said "Does anybody play the-" (me screaming, knowing Bruce Springsteen was coming) "guitar" (3 seconds of silence, Bruce appears, everyone realizes I'm not crazy enough to think I'd be playign the guitar from the 2nd tier back-of-stage and scream about it)

:lol:

At the first Boston show, my friend and I were in the upper level right at the far end of the arena and at the end of the gig, we kept calling for another encore - including me calling for every track from The Unforgettable Fire. Eventually the cleaners had to ask us to leave. As we descended the stairs, at the bottom of each flight I'd yell for Heartland and my friend for Red Light.

We hadn't had a drop to drink either.

Varitek said:
I don't even remember what the first 7 pages of this thread were about, but I did want to tell NSW that I was in my 3rd week of life when he saw his first U2 show. :lmao:

Hey, yeah, thanks. So you missed the whole Bill Buckner thing. That's too bad.

I was to the side of the stage kind of up at that show. The next show I was behind the stage in what is luxury boxes for hockey/basketball, which was nice, because I skipped Kings of Leon to watch the Sox. Sadly, we started losing quite badly, put me in almost as bad a mood as if I'd had to see KOL.

Red Light? :tsk:

by the way, maybe i shouldn't watch lost while tipsy AND posting on interference....I think I am missing shit. Like when did X get Y pregnant? Or was it Z?

Varitek said:
I was to the side of the stage kind of up at that show. The next show I was behind the stage in what is luxury boxes for hockey/basketball, which was nice, because I skipped Kings of Leon to watch the Sox. Sadly, we started losing quite badly, put me in almost as bad a mood as if I'd had to see KOL.

Ah, right. I think our spot right up the far end was actually pretty good because it afforded a really good view of the lighting. Beautiful Day in particular looked great.

Second show, I was front row in front of Edge, and third show I was a couple of metres from the very same spot, essentially at the entry of the ellipse. I did Adam's side a couple of times when U2 finally got down here and I think Edge's is probably the best to be on.

Red Light? :tsk:

Said friend is a bit of an idiot.

No spoken words said:

Hey, yeah, thanks. So you missed the whole Bill Buckner thing. That's too bad.

Yeah but I was fully indoctrinated into RSN on October 17 2003, around 1am.

Sorry about not winning in this decade, by the way.

Make that millenium.

Varitek said:

Yeah but I was fully indoctrinated into RSN on October 17 2003, around 1am.

Sorry about not winning in this decade, by the way.

Make that millenium.

I'd say it's what you've done lately, or overall that counts, but since you're the reigning champs, I've really got nothing to say. Eh.

No spoken words said:

None of the above, actually.

No it's got to be X or Z, it's too much hidden stuff otherwise. I am intrigued by the way they've switched from showing the past in flashbacks to flashing forward to the future. And I'm gonna have to watch this ep again tomorrow.

Holy shit. Interference really exploded tonight...thread after thread, go away for an hour and get owned by a million new posts when you come back :yawn:

alright gotta sift through all this!

Varitek said:
by the way, maybe i shouldn't watch lost while tipsy AND posting on interference....I think I am missing shit. Like when did X get Y pregnant? Or was it Z?

It was Bono.

Varitek said:

No it's got to be X or Z, it's too much hidden stuff otherwise. I am intrigued by the way they've switched from showing the past in flashbacks to flashing forward to the future. And I'm gonna have to watch this ep again tomorrow.

It's neither. And, yes, the flash forwards were a stroke of brilliance.

Axver said:

Ah, right. I think our spot right up the far end was actually pretty good because it afforded a really good view of the lighting. Beautiful Day in particular looked great.

I didn't get that view until my last show, 12-05 (she's a mystery...)

I only had two GA shows, my first on 5-14 when the guy I was going with had to finish a paper (it was also the last day of finals) just hours before so we got there right before Kings of Shithouse and were like 5-6 rows back outside the ellipse.

And 12-4 where I was in row 1.5 directly center stage in front of Bono - I say 1.5 because there were two peoples' shoulders in front of me.

No spoken words said:

It's neither. And, yes, the flash forwards were a stroke of brilliance.

Shit I jsut got to the part where it might be B. No fucking way I don't like that at all like I don't like Miles being some sort of a ghost buster. And if it's Locke I'm quitting the show, by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom