Rest of U2 Survivor: Pop - Round 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Do You Feel Loved

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Mofo

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • If God Will Send His Angels

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Last Night On Earth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Miami

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • The Playboy Mansion

Votes: 44 50.6%
  • If You Wear That Velvet Dress

• Please

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Wake Up Dead Man

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No spoken words said:

I sure do:

May 15th, 1987. The night they fucked up Trip Through Your Wires a bit and so did it a 2nd time later on.

:lol: You were at that show? That's awesome! Though wow, there were four covers done at that gig. People Get Ready, Maggie's Farm, C'mon Everybody, and Springhill Mining Disaster. I'm glad U2 don't go that nuts with covers any more, though it's still a stellar set (and I really love their cover of Springhill Mining Disaster). UF, Exit, IGC, Gloria Bad in its heyday ... :drool:

U2 does the same amount of songs 20 years later in concert. That's depressing.

Axver said:

:lol: You were at that show? That's awesome! Though wow, there were four covers done at that gig. People Get Ready, Maggie's Farm, C'mon Everybody, and Springhill Mining Disaster. I'm glad U2 don't go that nuts with covers any more, though it's still a stellar set (and I really love their cover of Springhill Mining Disaster). UF, Exit, IGC, Gloria Bad in its heyday ... :drool:

I posted the set list right before this post.

Yup, I was there. Amazing amazing night. Whole crowd was singing "How long....to sing this song" all the way to their cars. Unreal. Streets opening, yeah, have goosebumps just typing about it.

No spoken words said:
I posted the set list right before this post.

Yup, I was there. Amazing amazing night. Whole crowd was singing "How long....to sing this song" all the way to their cars. Unreal. Streets opening, yeah, have goosebumps just typing about it.

Way to postwhore. You'll probably have made another three posts before I finish this one. :angry:

I was so glad I got to hear 40 once on Vertigo. It seems it didn't quite take off like back in the eighties, but it was still an incredible experience.

I saw Popmart in Vegas, opening night. I believe we got a song twice. Well actually, they stopped playing and restarted the song (Staring At the Sun)

Axver said:

Way to postwhore. You'll probably have made another three posts before I finish this one. :angry:

I was so glad I got to hear 40 once on Vertigo. It seems it didn't quite take off like back in the eighties, but it was still an incredible experience.

A very close friend of mine got into U2 right after I saw them on the JT tour. So, he'd been waiting to hear 40 for a very long time. We went to about 6 shows together on the Vertigo Tour, and watching him hear it for the first time was awesome.

FYI - At that 1987 JT show, 4 of us were first row, above and behind the band. Seemed like the seats would suck, but they were actually pretty good. Anyway, during Bad, one of my friends was so enraptured (sober, too) that he started to climb over the plexi-glass partition that was in front of the first row. Why he was climbing over, we do not know, but he was in another world.

Zootlesque said:
You and me both! :sigh:
don't forget about me
down.gif

No spoken words said:
A very close friend of mine got into U2 right after I saw them on the JT tour. So, he'd been waiting to hear 40 for a very long time. We went to about 6 shows together on the Vertigo Tour, and watching him hear it for the first time was awesome.

FYI - At that 1987 JT show, 4 of us were first row, above and behind the band. Seemed like the seats would suck, but they were actually pretty good. Anyway, during Bad, one of my friends was so enraptured (sober, too) that he started to climb over the plexi-glass partition that was in front of the first row. Why he was climbing over, we do not know, but he was in another world.

:lol: This reminds me of 2005-05-26 in Boston, when they spontaneously busted into OOC. I was in the front row and without even thinking about it, used the railing to launch my jumps even higher because - well, it was an exciting moment! One of the security guys tapped me back because I think he was afraid I was about to leap onstage.

Wow, very close right now, 15-13. I'll hold onto my vote for now in the hope I might be able to force a tie. I still can't decide which I dislike more, and the sooner they're both gone, the better.

coolian2 said:
I was happy just to get the 40 snippet i never expected...perhaps because i was so overjoyed at getting Bad, which was the last thing i expected.

Oh yeah, dropping LAPOE for Bad really blew me away. The Bad --> 40 --> SBS segue was done remarkably well. I was impressed by that.

Axver said:

Oh yeah, dropping LAPOE for Bad really blew me away. The Bad --> 40 --> SBS segue was done remarkably well. I was impressed by that.

You nearly jumped over the rail for OOC, i nearly fell down a flight of stadium steps for Bad. I got lucky i wasn't the only person in the aisles

Khan, you got setlist owned anyway by the acoustic encore.

I'm sorry. :hug:

I don't even remember what the first 7 pages of this thread were about, but I did want to tell NSW that I was in my 3rd week of life when he saw his first U2 show. :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom