Rattle & Hum minus live stuff= better?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AndrewT

The Fly
Hey everyone.

I was trying this track order out the other day, and I think it makes what was a rather bloated and meandering album nice and tight:

1. Desire
2. Angel of Harlem
3. Hawkmoon
4. VDL
5. Heartland
6. When Love Comes To Town
7. Love Rescue Me
8. Dancing Barefoot
9. God Part II
10. Hallelujah Here She Comes
11. All I Want Is You

I quite like the original version with all the live stuff as well, but it may have been better this way.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
R&H needs live stuff, but put good ones on it!!!

AATW had a horrible version I thought, I never listen to it. The Lovetown versions were so awesome.

Pride sucked.

"Exit" on the movie is the best live version of this song.

"With or Without You" on the movie is the best live version of this song.

Why not use it?

They just needed to adjust the live performances, and get rid of "Love Rescue Me" :wink:

I prefer R&H with the live stuff but without it I think this is how I would have it:

1. Hawkmoon 269
2. When Love Comes To Town
3. Love Rescue Me
4. Angel Of Harlem
5. God Part II
6. Desire
7. Van Diemen's Lan
8. Heartland
9. All I Want Is You

Rattle And Hum - Live stuff = great U2 album.

Rattl And Hum + Live stuff = unique rock n' roll album.

I think they should have done one live disc and one studio disc. And I sure as hell can't figure out why they dropped WOWY and Exit from the album :shrug:

AtomicBono said:
I think they should have done one live disc and one studio disc. And I sure as hell can't figure out why they dropped WOWY and Exit from the album :shrug:
yeah, pretty much. someone i know was kind enough to make a copy of a cd someone made for them containing various live stuff, some of which was songs off the rattle and hum movie that didn't make the cd. brilliant. i love that cd, i need to find it again.

I pretty much agree with what people have been saying here.

I don't know if it's better, because as I said above, I do like the live stuff, but it certainly is different, and interesting.

I tried this new order, and it seems to flow alot better than my first one:

1. Desire
2. Angel of Harlem
3. Hawkmoon
4. VDL
5. Heartland
7. Hallelujah Here She Comes
8. Dancing Barefoot
9. God Part II
10. Love Rescue Me
11. All I Want Is You

I haven't listened to this album in years, but this mix has got me into it again.

Last edited:
I agree, the studio stuff was much better than the live. Not to say the live was bad though.:yes:

AndrewT said:
Hey everyone.

I was trying this track order out the other day, and I think it makes what was a rather bloated and meandering album nice and tight:

1. Desire
2. Angel of Harlem
3. Hawkmoon
4. VDL
5. Heartland
7. Love Rescue Me
8. Dancing Barefoot
9. God Part II
10. Hallelujah Here She Comes
11. All I Want Is You

I quite like the original version with all the live stuff as well, but it may have been better this way.

What do you guys think?

I think this is a fantastic version. And I agree with some who posted about putting the good live stuff on. Perhaps a live second disc that includes Streets, WOWY and Exit among others.

AtomicBono said:

My thoughts exactly. This would have been the definitive version of Rattle & Hum. An excellent studio album on one disc, and then a much superior live album on the second disc, complete with everything from the movie that is missing on the official CD.

Now that would have been fantastic. They should release a special edition of it in 2008 to commemorate its 20th anniversary and do it like this.

I think the movie is a better record than the actual record, if you wanted to keep the live stuff in.

The scene access on the dvd, and the lack of much chatter (aside from things like the BB King bit and amusing ineffectual comments by Adam, which are funny anyway) makes it very easy to use in this way, if you were that way inclined.

And as people have noted, WOWY and Exit are particularly kick ass, more so than any of the live stuff on the album.

By deleting the live tracks from the audio version I think it helps to focus the whole homage to America and American music thing that they were going for.

It kind of gets lost in the live tracks.

Back
Top Bottom