Rate the Song Series: Lemon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate Lemon

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishteen

Blue Crack Addict
Numb and Your Blue Room polls are now closed

This round we'll be voting on Lemon and Always Forever Now,both polls will be open for at least one day and you can vote based on whatever you want excluding the Perfecto mix of Lemon

Interference's Top (137) U2 Songs

12. Your Blue Room

13. Zooropa

35. Slug

59. Numb

86. Babyface

92. United Colours

more than 10
one of the most challenging groovy U2 songs ever.
a beautiful piece of excellent music.
:bow: :dance: :up:

Thinking critically, I find the track a bit overlong in that the actual song is very simple and repeats itself somewhat. But I think it's one of those things where they had a really new sound here and they wanted to show it off. Credit to them for doing something new, and writing a pretty cool (if weird) song.

Score it an 8.

easy 10. when i first heard it, i was like "what the fuck". but then i watched the video with macphisto and i got it, and have loved it ever since.

your blue room is not better than zooropa.

Epic. Genius. Best lyrics Bono's ever written. It was my favorite U2 song for a long time. It still may be; I'm not sure.

more than 10
one of the most challenging groovy U2 songs ever.
a beautiful piece of excellent music.
:bow: :dance: :up:

Quality asessment there Jacobus, I'll go along with that. Little bit of Prince, little bit of Talking Heads. Unlike anything else they've done, very brave use of falsetto which works perfectly.
A resounding Ten.

10, 10, 10.

This is in my top 5. Bono's falsetto, the "midnight where the day begins" part, the wonderful sonic landscape they've created with this... all of it simply stunning.

10, 10, 10.

This is in my top 5. Bono's falsetto, the "midnight where the day begins" part, the wonderful sonic landscape they've created with this... all of it simply stunning.

yep. i actually think the last minute of the song seals the deal for me, with the Edge's chorus riff over the strings. that's one of those spine chilling moments for me.

It's U2's most overrated song IMO. It's decent but way overlong and completely repetitive. It's a 7.

10 outta 10, no questions asked. One of Bono's best and most complete lyrical pieces. Edge's lovable disco guitar effect thing. A beautiful chorus and the group singing (Edge, Eno) just tops it off.

The music video is pure magic. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom