Rate The Song: In God's Country

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IGC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Unfortunately, I have to post today's polls a bit early - I'm about to go out of town. So today, we move on to the second half of The Joshua Tree.

Please rate In God's Country on a scale from 0 to 10, using whatever criteria you feel allows you to best evaluate the song as a whole. I will not set criteria for people to based on, but if you feel like your best evaluation of the merits of a song comes from voting only based on, say, the studio version, go right ahead and vote that way. Full information on the Rate The Song series may be found in this thread.

Have fun! This poll will close in 96 hours.

A quintessential song for this album that's aged quite well. Perfectly evokes the stark desert landscape that is its records namesake. U2 should play it more often, and I have no idea why they edited the R&H version. The studio version itself could actually use another verse, in my opinion.

9...just because it's not quite long enough.

7. Solid but TJT has much better songs. It's short though so it definitely works on the album.

One of my favorites from The Joshua Tree. Excellent guitar work, great vocals, love the bass. Gets a 10 from me.

I like the guitar, but the rest is not quite as memorable. Solid song, not a second too long. 7.

Instant 10. I adore the lyrics in this song. And that guitar sound. Wow. Yeah this is Bono totally licking the USA's figurative butt but he does it so well. A man clearly entranced by that country and the lyrics encapsulate this so damn well.

Great guitar solo, great vocals(like on the album as a whole) but still my least favourite on the album, though that's against some stiff competition!

One of U2's more cinematic tunes. The imagery in this song is so vivid, every time I hear this it takes me to places like Zabriske point or just about any other beautiful location in California's high desert. The guitar parts are all absolutely amazing. I never skip this one and I'm also giving it a 10.

BTW, just wanted to add that I love it when Bono snippets In God's Country at the end of Beautiful Day. Gave me fucking chills at the Vegas and Pasadena 360 shows.

May the full song return to the live set someday...

One of U2's more cinematic tunes. The imagery in this song is so vivid, every time I hear this it takes me to places like Zabriske point or just about any other beautiful location in California's high desert. The guitar parts are all absolutely amazing. I never skip this one and I'm also giving it a 10.

Yep. It's wonderfully evocative.

May the full song return to the live set someday...

Indeed.

Back
Top Bottom