Question about U2 albums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
As my brother moved out, I am re-buying their catalogue I noticed some differences in between his U2 albums and what I bought now.

First four albums have "Island masters" written on them and are about half the price of the most popular artists/bands in our CD stores.
October has an additional picture in the booklet and the black and white band picture on the back cover.
I could swear my brother's UF back cover didn't look violet or have any pics, too.
JT has additional pictures in the booklet and the song lyrics aren't in order. (the non-blurred band picture on the front cover too)
Rattle and Hum has lyrics to Heartland written like this right at the beginning of the booklet plus an additional scary-looking graffiti next to the band picture.

So, my question is: what are these and why do they look different to what I remember from my brother's collection?

Also, I was looking at AB booklet and didn't notice a Dallas Schoo under Studio crew or the Thank you's. Wasn't he with the band since JT tour?

(not related but I've been meaning to ask this: how come Eno/Lanois weren't involved on Rattle and Hum or Pop and where was Lanois on Zooropa - he is mentioned on credits for Numb?)

Last edited:
Thanks! I figured out I have UK pressing of October, either Canadian/US pressing of UF, German pressing of JT and a French pressing of Rattle and Hum.

His are probably much older tan the ones you bought, unless you got them in a used record shop.

Yes, his CDs are years older than mine, got them in the local official CD store.

Interesting to know we have different pressings, though. My look cooler. :D

U2girl said:
Thanks! I figured out I have UK pressing of October, either Canadian/US pressing of UF, German pressing of JT and a French pressing of Rattle and Hum.

Wow! Very international! Mine are all just UK ones.

I find it interesting that even brand new copies of Albums like October, War, Boy and JT still have that "dawn of the CD" look to them (no label design) and even explain the advantages of The Compact Disc on the case.

You'd think they'd update the cases?

Back
Top Bottom