Pre title of the song Stay (Faraway So close)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

espelhito

Babyface
Anyone knows the pre title of the song Stay (Faraway, So close) ?
I've been on and on with this , but i really don?t know the answer!

Thank U guys

Frank Sinatra

Well, I too came to the answer Sinatra, but a question comes to mind :

- Shoudn't it be the pre title of Two Shots song?

I just don?t know...

Hello,

The working title of Stay was indeed Sinatra. IIRC, it was called Sinatra as it had such a 'crooning' vibe to it.

Bono wrote the song Two Shots Of Happy, One Shot Of Sad especially for Frank Sinatra, but as that song was called like that from the beginning it never had a different working title. Even in interviews just after he'd written the song Bono calls it Two Shots...

C ya!

Marty

Hmmmm, I thought Stay was based on the great film Faraway So Close! And that Bono wrote it after seeing a ruff cut of the film.

fritz

Page 219 in Flanagan's Bible: He tells Flood to change the listed title of the song to "Stay" from "Sinatra". Although, he considers, he ought to try to get some reference to Wim's film in there. He decides to call it "Stay (Faway, So Close!)".

There's a book of the Bible completely concerned with the song (which was also the, ahem, genesis of Zooropa). Read it!

tinker said:
typhoon....do you mean the actual Bible, or are you referring to Flannagan's book?

:lol: I believe Flanagan's book is generally referred to as the Bible or the Orange Bible around these parts. :)

thanks HelloAngel....i suspected that...it's just that typhoon referred to a "book of the bible"....they must be called books rather then chapters...i bought it and read it several times when it first came out...lent it to a friend, and havent seen it since....must get another copy, cause it is really cool....

2 Chronicles 37:16:

"And so the LORD God gaveth to Bono, son of Bob, the oceans, the skies, and the words to the song 'Stay.' And, behold, the PRODUCER Flood happened to be recording it. This was His gift to Man."

Get with it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom