Poll: what are your favorite tour openers/closers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fave tour openers/closers

• Streets/40

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Zoo station/Love is blindness

Votes: 18 36.0%
  • Mofo/Wake up dead man

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Elevation/Walk on

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Definitely Elevation/Walk On. Those are the ones I thought of before I even saw the choices :D

Well, the only ones I've seen were Elevation/Walk On, which were great, especially Walk On to close. But given a choice, I would choose Streets/40 without hesitation. My only problem with that is that there would be no Streets left to look forward to--seems too early to play one of the most important live songs, if not the most important, first. But what an energy kick! And seeing 40 live, well...Though I did get a snippet of it in Bad last year, which was amazing.

I can't choose ... :scream:

I like ending with 40 (an awesome audience unity kind of thing), but I also liked ending with Walk On (such an uplifing ending).

Yeah, I think One was the real set closer for PopMart, it just usually had a tag at the end (Unchained Melody, Hallelujah, MLK, Wake Up Dead Man, maybe some others).

typhoon said:
Yeah, I think One was the real set closer for PopMart, it just usually had a tag at the end (Unchained Melody, Hallelujah, MLK, Wake Up Dead Man, maybe some others).

Yeah..."One" with like the first verse of WUDM.

Elevation/Walk On, particularly the post 9/11 shows. "Elevation" is a great opener, and "Walk On" was so powerful, so intense, that I think everyone in the audience in Atlanta cried. I know I did.

I went with Elevation/Walk On. I think beginning with Streets is too soon to play such a crowd energizer, as scatteroflight said. And I like how Walk On is an uplifting closer- Love Is Blindness and Wake Up Dead Man end the concert on sort of a depressing note.

verte76 said:
Elevation/Walk On, particularly the post 9/11 shows. "Elevation" is a great opener, and "Walk On" was so powerful, so intense, that I think everyone in the audience in Atlanta cried. I know I did.

Man, I wish I had had the opportunity to see them post 9/11!

All I know is that the performance at the Super Bowl was WONDERFUL!

Back
Top Bottom