Please help! I've been out of the U2 loop...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2DeathBear

The Fly
Hi everybody. I'm quite new here...this is my second post :) I've actually been a member from years ago under a different alias, but i kind of fell off the interference bandwagon after i went off to college...but now i'm back! i'm still a hardcore U2 fan more than ever (since 1987), so basically i need to know what's happening in the world of U2 now this past year and a half. # of kids (i think the last time i checked it was 4), i know there's a new album in the works, that's about it. Anybody want to give me the rundown...or lowdown on the lads?

Cheers! U2DeathBear

"rock and roll doggie!"

There is a thread in the other forum about the new album happenings and rumors all put in one comprehensive discussion. You can check that out. Right now, no leakage of anything from the new album just yet, and rumor is the band is taking a 1 month or 2 month studio layoff from recording the new album. As to how the new album will sound like, no one knows. But as usual, during interviews Bono is hyping up the new album just like he hypes up every new album. U2 fans are already accustomed to this over-hype and know that the album will never live up to Bono's hype. (when has a U2 album actually lived up to Bono's hype anyway?)

And Bono is still continuing his path of many publicity stunts for worthy causes to attract attention and help satisfy his massive ego since U2's not on tour. Bono's got an ego addiction, but it also works for the good of U2. At least even during off-album season, U2 is still getting some exposure thanks to Bono's current political activist persona.

In the meantime, this forum is full of petty and useless discussions just to kill time while waiting for the new album.

Cheers,

J

jick said:

In the meantime, this forum is full of petty and useless discussions just to kill time while waiting for the new album.

HAHAHA!! So funny, and yet so very true! :yes:

Also, last November U2 released the Best of 1990-2000. Although it sold fairly well, not up to their standards. "Electrical Storm" kinda flopped as a single, and a lot of people on here hate that song. I like it. But I'd advise just keeping Hush-Hush about it, unless you want someone saying "UGH, we've discussed this same thread 50,000 times!!! "The hands that built america" gained U2 some publicity, winning a few awards, but losing the Oscar to Eminem.

There is an ongoing battle between the "Poptarts" and the "ATYCLB...tarts". Some say ATYCLB is better, some say POP is better. Some hate ATYCLB. Some hate POP. Some hate everything U2 has ever done since BOY. Another thing to avoid...the POP <, >, = ATYCLB discussion.

Welcome back, though. You didn't miss much, and soon things will pick up and get exciting soon. We just caught wind of a new U2 song that will be on a soundtrack to a movie being released in early 2004 called INTERMISSION. This could be the first single. So hold on to your ass....it's about to be Elevated.

Back
Top Bottom