North And South Of The River Omagh version - one of the best songs U2 has ever done!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danospano

Refugee
The song was recorded on a British television show. The music was originally a part of the song "Heaven and Hell".

North and South of the River and All I Want is You were performed on a TV show as a tribute to the victims of the Omagh bombing (which claimed the lives of sean and julia, gareth, anne, and breeda)

Amazing...I was listening to North and South of the River, from Omagh performance, last night, really late, the song was exactly the one I wanted to listen to yesterday night. It's touching and beautiful.
And also is All I Want is You, from the same performance. If you don't have it yet you can get it at www.u2station.com.
smile.gif

I agree, that version is just incredible. I think the beauty of the lyrics really come through much better in that one...

------------------
"I'm already gone... Felt that way all along..."

Yeah completely agree.I'm a big fan of this song.The hhmmmmm that Bono does at the end, captures more than any lyrics could have.Amazing,beautiful,wonderful.

------------------
THNIK

It's not the finished version of Heaven and Hell...it's the finished version of the song that ends with the repeated line "If you want to take tomorrow, then you've got to take today". It's on the Salome album, but I don't know the title of the song. This is the exact same melody as North and South of the River...awesome song.

WOW.

I have always owned the Staring At The Sun single, which has this song on it, but I never cared much for it at all. In fact, I think I've only listened to it a couple of times.

Anyway, at the advice of my fellow Interferencers, I downloaded and listened to the Omagh tribute version, and it is incredible. I was amazed to pick up on something I hadn't noticed with the other version - this is a finished version of one of the "Salome" tracks that I have always loved!

What an amazing performance and an amazing song. Does anyone have any background info on this performance? (Where it was, why it was done, what songs they performed, etc)

Beautiful song
100 % agree great part with mixing voices
and some part takes place in Sweetest thing ( Du Du )
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by IvanClaytonJnr (edited 09-13-2001).]

Yeah, I was wrong. The song is called "Take Today". I burned a bunch of u2 tracks off Napster before its demise, and confused which song it was. Heaven and Hell sounds nothing like North and South. Sorry!
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom