New U2 interviews: Schedules and discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to the Live 105 interview, you can tell Bono was sarcastic about the Osborn taking the high road comment.

That is perfect. They need to bring back their 90's indifference and lack of earnestness to make this thing work.

The thing about acoustic sessions I'm not sure about. Does U2 even have any good acoustic songs? Not saying they can't do it, it's just not what they do best. But I am very interested to hear how some of these songs sound unplugged, so to speak.

The real thing I'm worried about, though, is that this will be some sort of acoustic-oriented tour. I've never seen the band live but I've been dead set for awhile now that next time they play I'm going to see them. But I'll be a little hesitant to peel off those big dollar bills and slap them down if I'm not going to get a "real" U2 concert.

That is perfect. They need to bring back their 90's indifference and lack of earnestness to make this thing work.

The thing about acoustic sessions I'm not sure about. Does U2 even have any good acoustic songs? Not saying they can't do it, it's just not what they do best. But I am very interested to hear how some of these songs sound unplugged, so to speak.

The real thing I'm worried about, though, is that this will be some sort of acoustic-oriented tour. I've never seen the band live but I've been dead set for awhile now that next time they play I'm going to see them. But I'll be a little hesitant to peel off those big dollar bills and slap them down if I'm not going to get a "real" U2 concert.

This is not what was communicated today...people are misunderstanding the desire to play "some" songs acoustically.

Do you really think this album lends itself to an acoustic oriented tour?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Still, I'll reserve judgement until I hear the acoustic versions, but that's generally not what I want to hear from U2. But if it is only a few songs being played that way it definitely won't stop me from seeing a show.

I don't think this album lends itself to acoustic anything but the band seems very intent on releasing acoustic versions.

The Jo Whiley interview is great. Bono's son Eli is a great guitar player, he's a Motorhead fan, Bono says it actually isn't funny :lol: He says his kids' criticism is the roughest one. He says Ali is more like his bodyguard when asked about her opinion, she's scared he's revealing too much about himself in the lyrics.

"I'm very excited that we've got people annoyed. The only thing that could have gone wrong is being ignored"

He choses This is Where You Can Reach Me to be played after the interview is over.

He also said U2 will come and play an acoustic set for Jo this fall.

Caught the end of the BBC interview, pretty solid. Funny to hear about their family life and what they all think of the album.

And man, the "This is Where" intro...ugh, it's so good.

Caught the end of the BBC interview, pretty solid. Funny to hear about their family life and what they all think of the album.

And man, the "This is Where" intro...ugh, it's so good.
That intro is the best one on the album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom