New Music Rumors and Such, Continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What .... like, new songs that are going to be classics? Or ... they're dinking around playing old classics?

God, I hate Twitter.

"@jpstarkey "All I Want" & "Grace" "

yep that's me. asked him before he said they were doing the classics, surprised he actually told me which songs they were/are working on.

i do really wonder what is going on inside U2's camp. we'll find out soon enough though.

What .... like, new songs that are going to be classics? Or ... they're dinking around playing old classics?

God, I hate Twitter.

the "re" part in there makes me think they're playing around with some old songs - so maybe we'll see some sort of Grace / All I want is you segue in a few weeks?

Ha, my older brother had that big hit Blackstreet album that had No Diggity on it. I remember liking a couple of the songs.

My guess is that this probably has something to do with the tour. As someone said, they could be working out a new arrangement for All I Want Is You and working on an arrangement for *gasp* the live debut of Grace.

Playing that song might actually send more people to the bathroom than Unknown Caller.

But I'd love to see All I Want Is You in the set lists.

I'll bet when Bono was conked out on dope in his hospital bed, he listened to ATYCLB for the first time since they recorded it, heard Grace, and in a drug-addled haze shot up and screamed "WE HAVE TO PLAY THIS LIVE! IT'LL BE MASSIVE!!!"

I wouldn't mind seeing AIWIY make a return, I kind of missed it this tour. BUT I'm not sure about Grace, maybe a snippet, but not more. On the other hand, I'd prefer them to do other stuff that they haven't played before or haven't played in a while or completely new stuff.

I think we shouldn't jump to any conclusions, maybe the guy doesn't even know the titles of U2's songs and is speculating himself. I won't believe anything from anyone until I hear it with my own ears when it's being played on tour.

i for one would love to hear Grace :heart:

how come they're in the studio in "Sacramento" when they're about to go to Turin? :eyebrow:

u2miracle @dave_hollister Congratulations!! What city have you been recording?

dave_hollister @u2miracle Sacramento thx

or is this guy in the studio just working on some U2 songs by himself?

lol

i for one would love to hear Grace :heart:

how come they're in the studio in "Sacramento" when they're about to go to Turin? :eyebrow:

or is this guy in the studio just working on some U2 songs by himself?

lol

Could he be the guy who's going to cover U2's whole discography?

They're in Sacramento?! Something about this isn't ringing true....
I'm not trying to put a downer on anything but Grace and AIWIY!!!! That's disappointing. Where are the rockers?!:drool:

If he's talking about "re-doing some classics", what if this is (Amazing) Grace they're working on ?

Maybe this is the new tour opening Willie Williams talked about.

So what happened with Songs of Ascent (Eno) or Rubin material ? Is this the new stuff they're working on, as mentioned in the latest U2.com video ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom