New Music Rumors and Such, Continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
instead of the zooropa boy before the encore, they should play Bono and Larry acting the scene where the western union guy hands marty the letter from 1885.

"THE DOC'S ALIVE! HE'S IN THE OLD WEST, BUT HE'S ALIVE!!!"

Just as an aside - I can't find it online now, but there was an article/interview with the didgeridoo player here at the time, and he was spotted busking or something, literally a day or two before the first show he did with them in Brisbane? It was some cool/crazy story like that. "Hi - sounds good - what are you doing for the next couple of weeks? Want to go on tour with U2?"

:ohmy::lol::lol::applaud::applaud::applaud:
oh mannnn, how COOL was that!!!

For a bunch of years we had a didgeridoo musician who was a Subway busker. He was great. I just tried to google him up- but no luck. I though he called himself... sean 7 .

Or Bono saying to Edge... "You mean to tell me, you built a time machine...........Out of a Delorian?"

So what do we make of this new song?

Pretty sure he yells out "ONE POINT TWENTY-ONE GIGAWATTS!" during the Chorus :p

i wrote this in another thread but parts of it sound like a better version of "are you gonna wait forever"

I figured this thread would be blowing up right about now!! I never really expected U2 to go through with their SOA concept they initially discussed a year ago. However, I really liked what I could make out of that song!! I only listened to it twice, as I don't want to burn myself out on a less than stellar recording of the song. I wonder if they're going to bust any other new songs out?

I'm gonna stay away from these forums until after the show on Friday. I'm so excited, and I'm not even seeing them until next June!!!

I like it. For some reason, though, this song sounds like the Breathe version of ABOY.

I like it. For some reason, though, this song sounds like the Breathe version of ABOY.

Someone said they heard lyrics about flower and a mention of Glastonbury (?), and maybe this was the new song they said they'd written for that gig?

the death of the ambient album is complete

Yeah, this is kind of how I feel about the new song. Still, I need to hear the full thing before I judge it... or at least, I'm trying to think that way.

Someone said they heard lyrics about flower and a mention of Glastonbury (?), and maybe this was the new song they said they'd written for that gig?

yeah, I can definitely hear the flowering rose of glastonbury a few times throughout the song.

Well, if this is the Glastonbury song, that doesn't necessarily mean that SOA is anything like it. It may have just been a one-off song they wrote for that, and SOA is still its own thing.

Well, if this is the Glastonbury song, that doesn't necessarily mean that SOA is anything like it. It may have just been a one-off song they wrote for that, and SOA is still its own thing.

That is true. However, it's some indicator of what they've been doing for the past nine months.

I like the new song (what we could hear anyway). I like the fast pace and what sounded like Bono shouting, just...everything about it. :reject:

That is true. However, it's some indicator of what they've been doing for the past nine months.

I mean of course they're going to be recording/ debuting mid tempo to fast rock songs. They're not going to debut a new song in a live setting that would halt the show. That would be the worst thing U2 could do - road test ambient songs and watch as everybody goes on a beer run because 1 - nobody knows the song and 2 - it's slow. I mean it happened with your blue room and to an extent, Unknown Caller.

if anybody really thought that there wouldn't be rock songs debuted/on whatever next release is upcoming then they were fooling themselves.

Certainly one of their garage-iest tunes. Has kind of a 60s vibe to it.

It's a little 'bright' so far, I was hoping for a move in a different direction but I'm not going to judge a song that I haven't actually heard completely and in full studio quality. I just hear a lot of sunshine in the song (in both sound and as an actual lyric).

I like that the band has still got a youthful energy to it, though. They seem to be getting harder and faster, when most bands go the opposite direction as they age.

Bright is a good thing, optimism makes the band shine in such cynical times. When they put out cynical material it is for artistic reasons, like AB, but it doesn't define them. I like what I'm hearing, but SOA better come to fruition, even if it is on an anniversary release of NLOTH years and years from now. Or else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom