New Mp3 in Australian Radio Promo for Vertigo!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't believe the wait is almost over.

Ive checked this freaking site every day since last year practically in hopes of tomorrow

Reggie Thee Dog said:

Nuke, put on the headphones and jack up the sound...still sounds like "I'm at a place called Vertigo".

The smell of cowpies out in the Grove must rotted your hearing.....:wink:

Come into Sac if you wanna hear it clearly.....:ohmy:

i'm at a place called vertigo...yes, that's exactly what is said

U2 has a new album coming out :|

Just playing, these boards are going crazy. I don't even know where I am with all these times being tossed around. Were so close guys to here the new song that will launch U2 back into the stratosphere.

:shifty:

I e-mailed Nova 100 asking when they'll be playing the new single and if it will be broadcast over the web. Maybe I'll get a response.

If they're playing it today (5:30 my time) I might not be able to hear it because I'm at work and the computer in the front office doesn't have speakers. :( I'll have to try and smuggle some in.

sounds like their morning show has started and they haven't even mentioned anything about Vertigo, so it looks like tomorrow is the day.

they just this second played the same clip again...advertising they'll play it tomorrow at 8:30am

mikal said:
sounds like their morning show has started and they haven't even mentioned anything about Vertigo, so it looks like tomorrow is the day.

It's still possible that they will play it if your theory is correct about avoiding trouble for early play. Still worth listening IMO.

thursday on 8:30 in australia, that's GMT +10, so at 22.30 GMT tonight? 23.30 in Europe? within 1 and a half hour? I'm a bit confused.

anyway, it sounds fantastic. Much better than when I heard BD for the first time :wink: :wink:

Plus the conversation is quite amusing, from an americans point of view anyways - like when they were speaking of Pontiac earlier. funny stuff.

Meanwhile, @U2 reader Brad D. tells us that Nova 100 FM in Melbourne, Australia, have announced that they will premiere "Vertigo" at 8:30 am Thursday morning Australian Eastern Standard Time. Nova 100 FM streams online, and here's the current time in Melbourne so you can schedule accordingly.

Is this still on? If so according to this site, we are only 2 hours away from Vertigo!

adam3000 said:

Is this still on? If so according to ..., we are only 2 hours away from Vertigo!

According to people who have actually spoken with DJs at the station, it is NOT still on - it has been postponed until 8:30 tomorrow. A bunch of us are listening anyway, though, just in case.

Ok guys, I'm sorry to disappoint you but I just got this e-mail from nova100:

friday!
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, 23 September 2004 04:51
To: breakfast@nova100.com.au
Subject: Hughesy, Kate and Dave Website

Hi!

I was just listening to your radio station, and I heard that you are going to play U2’s last track this morning.

Can you confirm that you are going to play U2 Vertigo Thursday morning, or is it Friday morning?

I am a little bit confused.. J

Sincerely

xxxxx xxxxxx

yoshjosh said:

According to people who have actually spoken with DJs at the station, it is NOT still on - it has been postponed until 8:30 tomorrow. A bunch of us are listening anyway, though, just in case.

Unfortunately I'll probably one of those obsessed fans that will be listening too.

LEt's not worry.

Dave Flanning is playing this tomorrow between 6-7:30pm Ireland time (1-2:30pm EST). We'll have Vertigo in about 20 hrs

There's also this (fake? not fake?) to whet the appetites of thread denizens:

galeon.com/u2magazine/NUEVA/universalpromoU2.jpg

sorry, I've only read 1 of this thread's 16 pages, but is this clip from wednesday or thursday australian time i.e. will they play the song thursday morning or friday morning? EDIT: oops...never mind :reject:

btw in my opinion the line is definitely 'you're at a place called vertigo' (but that issue's probably long been resolved by now ;))

Last edited:
I listened to it and liked what I heard.

I reallly liked that riff that was played after Bono said "You're on a place called Vertigo!"

It sounded harder than usual and I quite like it!!! FINALLY!

Don't know if I like the melody too much yet, Bono's voice sounded kind of childish, I was waiting for something a little more agressive, but still good.

:up:

OK people, you're getting the lyrics all wrong here.

I listened to that clip over THREE THOUSAND SIX HUNDRED times last night. It is without a doubt 'Hello, hello, I'm at a place called Vertigo'.

END. OF. STORY.

Back
Top Bottom