New album news!!!! - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-30-2002, 09:01 PM   #21
Acrobat

Local Time: 04:26 PM
i became a fan in '99, when popmart had long-gone, so the elevation tour was to be my first U2 gig, but unfortunately, i was on holiday during the time they came to Manchester. ill take any dates they tour - im not gonna miss U2 again

Old 08-30-2002, 10:48 PM   #22
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:26 AM

I can't wait!!!!

Old 08-30-2002, 11:02 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 11:26 AM

I remember reading that Lanois said that they had put a lot of work into some "rock" songs that were supposed to make the album but were left off at the last minute...........
Old 08-30-2002, 11:47 PM   #24
Acrobat

Local Time: 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zoomerang96

i firmly believe that u2 would NOT release a new album that soon after releasing a best of.

that said, i bet bulldozer will be the second new song on the best of, and it will be a single. everyone has SPECULATED that hands of america will be the other song on the album, but it has never been confirmed. at least not to my knowledge.

again, im guesing a new album next year, but "bulldozer" will be the second single from the best of.
From what I've ascertained "The Hands That Built America" is a completely different project to the next "Best Of" and will be released on "The Gangs of New York" sound track.

However, observing the past, it could also appear on a new future album, the same way "The Ground Beneath Her Feet" first appeared on the "Million Dollar Hotel" sound track, then later found its way onto "All That You Can't Leave Behind" (in some regions like UK and Australia).
Old 08-31-2002, 12:03 AM   #25
War Child

Local Time: 01:26 AM
The Gangs of New York is due for this Christmans.This surely means that it would be accompanied by a Soundtrack release.Its now a mere formality that THTBA would be the lead single off that soundtarck (by the way things have been going this project, you never know).So going by with this new rumor we will have 3 new U2 songs in the next 4-5 months.

My take is that THTBA would be the second single from Best Of and would be a co-single from Gangs Of New York OST.

"Its all happening now"- Bill Lawery
Old 08-31-2002, 01:17 AM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:26 AM
Bulldozer? Singles? new movie for Christmas(daniel day-lewis?)

That is a lot of very good news , a very enjoyable read. Thanks.
I sure hope U2 release a song called Bulldozer...tempted but I won't...tell ya the story.
but Bulldozer?

**cass faints but remembers to cross her fingers first**
2003/04 U2 in Oz? hmmmmm won't get too excited

typo apologies
Old 08-31-2002, 07:28 AM   #27
Babyface

Well when they cancelled the summer tour earlier this year one of the statements/excuses was that the band are bringing out a new album early next year and it made more sense to do a summer european tour to promote the album... so we could be in for a new release sooner than you think
Old 08-31-2002, 01:51 PM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:26 PM
Well is the Hands that.... on the Gangs of New York soundtrack or the Best of?

I think that considering they have leftovers from ATYCLB (which have already been worked on right after the tour ended), we could see a new album in late 2003 and then tour in 2004.

Old 08-31-2002, 04:06 PM   #29
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by Swan269
I remember reading that Lanois said that they had put a lot of work into some "rock" songs that were supposed to make the album but were left off at the last minute...........

Cool. Perhaps we are in for U2's third masterpiece!
Old 09-01-2002, 02:03 AM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

You mean 6th masterpiece!
Old 09-01-2002, 10:30 AM   #31
Acrobat

I would bet my life that there is no new album coming out in early 2003.

I predict a March 2004 release of the next studio album
Old 09-01-2002, 11:28 AM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Honestly, take a look at the source of this entire thread. A newbie (no offense ) Who heard this from a 2nd hand source. AND that 2nd hand source is an employee at a book store?????? Please! (literally, not musically ) Has ANYONE else that doesnt have over a 1 to 50 post history have any coroboration of this evidence? If this is indeed on this database it would seem that all retail stores would be able to order it and a respected and reliable member of Interference somewhere would have access to it. So I'am about 99% sure this is BS or a misunderstanding of what someone said.

If this data base thing is confirmed somehow. Another thing to remember is that there was a pre order listing for Discothecque back in September of 1996, it was suppose to be released around that time but as we know was pushed back 5 months to January 1997 because the album was not ready.

I'am not saying it is impossible for a new album next spring, I just think it is VERY unlikely. The earliest we are going to see a new album is fall of 2003 and it may even be later than that.
Old 09-01-2002, 11:45 AM   #33
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by STING2
You mean 6th masterpiece!

Old 09-01-2002, 11:47 AM   #34
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room
I'am not saying it is impossible for a new album next spring, I just think it is VERY unlikely. The earliest we are going to see a new album is fall of 2003 and it may even be later than that.
But it's always fun to speculate, isn't it?
Old 09-01-2002, 11:54 AM   #35
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
A newbie
a reg. date of 1/01 is a newbie?
Old 09-01-2002, 10:17 PM   #36
Refugee

Quote:
Honestly, take a look at the source of this entire thread. A newbie (no offense ) Who heard this from a 2nd hand source. AND that 2nd hand source is an employee at a book store?????? Please! (literally, not musically ) Has ANYONE else that doesnt have over a 1 to 50 post history have any coroboration of this evidence? If this is indeed on this database it would seem that all retail stores would be able to order it and a respected and reliable member of Interference somewhere would have access to it. So I'am about 99% sure this is BS or a misunderstanding of what someone said.

If this data base thing is confirmed somehow. Another thing to remember is that there was a pre order listing for Discothecque back in September of 1996, it was suppose to be released around that time but as we know was pushed back 5 months to January 1997 because the album was not ready.

For your information check this other thread

http://forum2.interference.com/showt...threadid=63608

I found your comment mean and elitist, AliEnvy is only sharing a piece of information with all of us, I think no one but you have the perverse idea that she was creating a bogus, everyone can believe or not if the information is a rumour or not, but disqualify a fellow interferencer, just based on his number of posts, or any other "meassure" that maybe makes you feel like an elite member of a fraternity is very ofensive. I sugest you that if you are making comments like this about fellow intereferencers without really knowing them, you better PM or ask someone else.
Old 09-02-2002, 07:52 PM   #37
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by rafmed

For your information check this other thread

http://forum2.interference.com/showt...threadid=63608

I found your comment mean and elitist, AliEnvy is only sharing a piece of information with all of us, I think no one but you have the perverse idea that she was creating a bogus, everyone can believe or not if the information is a rumour or not, but disqualify a fellow interferencer, just based on his number of posts, or any other "meassure" that maybe makes you feel like an elite member of a fraternity is very ofensive. I sugest you that if you are making comments like this about fellow intereferencers without really knowing them, you better PM or ask someone else.
Relax Ramfed, if you look at my post you will notice the smiley face after the newbie remark, it was said in jest and if you read my post rather than going off you will see that I said it was either BS (from the person who told her this) "OR" a misunderstanding. I LOVE it when someone calls me an elitist for stating the obvious and joking around LOL !!!!!! Why is it people have to feel like peoples personal defender?? I have been around here long enough that people know I'am not the son of a bitch you are trying to portray me as.

If AliEnvy has a problem with what I said she should post but I think I have explained myself thoroughly here even though I dont need to explain myself to YOU Ramfed.

Old 09-02-2002, 08:00 PM   #38
Acrobat

Quote:
A newbie
sad
Old 09-02-2002, 08:02 PM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by * MoFo *

sad
Good Lord! Good post??? LOL you people really need to find something constructive to do.

I feel NO shame, sorry

It was a JOKE!
Old 09-02-2002, 08:04 PM   #40
Acrobat

u mean like determining whose a newbie and whose not by their post-count?