My ACROBAT video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2mixer

War Child
Hi all

Acrobat is an underrated song (IMO), but it’s a song worthy of a video (IMO again)!

I decided to create a video for it seeing that there IS no promo out there, or even a live concert version (as it was never played live and only rehearsed).

I took elements from ZOO era documentaries and snippets from other Promos and DVDs to mix together to achieve the right sort of mood that the track needs. I wanted the video imagery to compliment the ‘mood’ of the track.

I achieved some good audio/lyrical/video synchronisation and I’m happy with the end result, but what do YOU think?

http://www. .com/projects.php?pid=370823
(insert save file)

Hopefully I might convert a few fans to this underrated track – which would be great :)

I like it. Reminds me of Morleigh's "Staring at the Sun" video (a lot of random goofing off from the right time period).

I will give every registered member of this forum a dollar if nobody uses the words "overrated" or "underrated" for an entire week.

I really like it :up:

Acrobat is overrated here, but underrated elsewhere, IMO.

typhoon said:
I will give every registered member of this forum a dollar if nobody uses the words "overrated" or "underrated" for an entire week.

I'll give this entire forum a million bucks if everyone agrees, from this point onwards, to never use the phrase "just my two cents" again.

Nice video, U2mixer. :up:

I remember seeing another fanmade "Acrobat" video a few years back. Definitely would be cool if someone pulled that up.

PlaTheGreat said:
Just my two cents, but GibsonGirl's and Typhoon's wagers have become way overrated. :drool:

:grumpy:

You're cruising, Pla, you're cruising...

PlaTheGreat said:
Just my two cents, but GibsonGirl's and Typhoon's wagers have become way overrated. :drool:
I think that statement is overrated here, but underrated everywhere else, and simultaneously over- and underrated over there, to the point where overrating it is underrated, which I think is an overrated way of underrating it.

IT'S LIKE WE DON'T KNOW HOW TO EXPRESS OUR OWN OPINIONS, SO WE PHRASE THEM RELATIVE TO EVERYONE ELSE'S.

typhoon said:

I think that statement is overrated here, but underrated everywhere else, and simultaneously over- and underrated over there, to the point where overrating it is underrated, which I think is an overrated way of underrating it.

IT'S LIKE WE DON'T KNOW HOW TO EXPRESS OUR OWN OPINIONS, SO WE PHRASE THEM RELATIVE TO EVERYONE ELSE'S.

:lmao:

Your reply is going to be underrated.

IMO.

Last edited:
@U2mixer: :up:
hey man i really like this video pretty much. imo Acrobat is the centerpiece and the higlight in U2s catalogue, my personal #1 and together with THE FLY & UTEOTW it builds the trinity. i love ACROBAT :bow:

Hey all, thanks for the feedback - even though I didn't mean to start an overrated underrated thread (if you see what I mean ;) ).

I'll try and not use the 'U' word in future ;)

PlaTheGreat said:
:up: :up: :up:

Very cool!
Can I ask what programs you use to rip videos?

Adobe Premier and WinTV capture - need to upgrade both, but they're still great for making movies.
I know you've used Windows Movie maker, and that's good enough because it's the ideas behind the videos that's the hardest part - you know, the storyboarding. I still use Movie maker to convert the AVI to a WMV.

I've got other video ideas that I'll eventually share with you lot - I enjoy your critique wether good :D or bad :rant:

after watching that video, i wonder how people can say this song is over-rated.

i think its perfection from start to finish.

anyway, great video

Great job U2mixer. Were you the one that made the video for Miami a few weeks back? Every song on AB ought to have a video!

U2Soar said:
Great job U2mixer. Were you the one that made the video for Miami a few weeks back? Every song on AB ought to have a video!

Yeh, I made the Miami video - and I might try a few more from AB in the future.

annie_vox said:
The video doen't work for me

Try opening it in a different program if it's not playing for you.

Right-click the file and choose Open With... (not Open) then choose another program to play it because it opens in all major programs.

Lancemc said:
Achtung Baby can't hold a candle to Kid A.

Without AB there would be no Kid A.

Where is this even coming from? This is a thread about Acrobat, whatever.

GibsonGirl said:

Oh, please.

:rolleyes:

If I really had the time, I'd dig up the old interviews from 95 where they said AB had a lot to do with where they were going with the Bends. If they had never made that jump from Pablo to the Bends, Radiohead would have dwindled into grunge oblivion.

Back
Top Bottom