Most famous u2 song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POP-ROMANCER

War Child
What do you think that's the most famous u2 song, so also for non-u2 fans and people that don't listen to music very much. That song has to be a classic but also a song that's played on the radio very much. We, as u2 fans, can discuss what is the best song or the most classic but what is the most familiar u2 song?

In my opinion it has to be sunday bloody sunday. This song is around for 20 years or so and is played by the radio very much. Also in pubs you hear this song often.
One, considered as u2's most classic song by u2 fans, I don't think so. What do you think? New years day, Pride, With or without you, streets???

There are only a few possibilities:

Sunday Bloody Sunday
Pride
Where the streets have no name
With or without you
One

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For. That's the one song all my non-U2 fan friends and family know.

Of what I've seen, I think it's either 'Where the Streets Have No Name' or 'With or Without You'. Generally more non U2 fans seem to associate them with the Joshua Tree than Achtung Baby, i.e. 80s rather than the 90s.

Yeah, like D'oh! said... Streets/WOWY/One/Beautiful Day, it depends I guess. Their material is just too damn vast and sprawling.

by the way, :lmao: :laugh: at Aardvark.

all non-u2 fan people i meet always mention "One" when i mention the band.

although in a post ipod commercial era i think Vertigo would be a safe bet - is there anyone who hasn't seen that ad?!?

with or without you (the song that hooked me), sunday bloody sunday, beautiful day

vergito is easily recognized right now, but i don't think it'll have the longevity with non-fans like some of the classics have.

I think the answer to this question depends more on the responder's age than anything else.

Once U2 are no longer around, the list of potential answers will narrow, but even that process will take awhile. Look at the Beatles; they disbanded 35 years ago, and you still won't get people to agree on any one answer to this question for them.

has to be With or Without You, many people I know say when I ask what songs have U2 done, they say "With or Without You" or "that With or Without You song, idk, I like Good Charlotte, WHOOOOO"

Beautiful Day, Pride or With or Without You 4 sure

jick said:
I don't think you'll see any song off the POP album nominated here.

Cheers,

J

Jick your just plain lame.. Fancy bringing up Pop in a thread like this! People wouldn't mention Zooropa, Boy or October either.
You just to it seems can't accept other peoples opinions, your a Pop bully :D So why don't you get bent. You make me sick

Back
Top Bottom