Miracle Drug on UK TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, man, that show really, really sucks. What an irritating host; it looks like she doesn't even like music. I take it CD:UK is the British equivalent of TRL?

And what's with the audience clapping along totally out of tune? "Miracle Drug" isn't really that type of song...

Thanks Queen Bee! :p I wanted to see how many hits my page would generate so as to give an indication how much traffic NTL will be getting by me hosting files like this! :)

it's the miracle drug! he took miracle drug to sing miracle drug! i don't wanna listen to the album version anymore.
btw, i can't hear larry

On the tour Edge has GOT to be centre stage for Miracle Drug. Imagine that solo sending us into orbit, then his vocal and then back to Bono "The songs are in your eyes...." Best part of the album and is going to be awesome live.

Homerpalooza said:
Oh, man, that show really, really sucks. What an irritating host; it looks like she doesn't even like music. I take it CD:UK is the British equivalent of TRL?

And what's with the audience clapping along totally out of tune? "Miracle Drug" isn't really that type of song...

How can you clap out of tune?

Do you mean clap off-beat? Is so, I also noticed that the clapping went off-beat.

Regarding Bono's voice being better than ever, he mentioned in an interview that he thinks it has something to do with his father's death. The old idea that when someone dies a part of them stays with you, Bono speculated that his father gave him the voice when he passed. :shrug:

I think that was on the live interview/listening party they did in NY 2 days before the album release.

actually the performance is all live except larrys vocals, believe it are not, how can u not tell that its not live, drums guitar and bass.(live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

It's not live because it sounds like it's right off the CD. It's NOT live.

allbecauseofme said:
it sounds somewhat like the cd except the drums have a live quality and i hear guitar feedback

I´m sorry... but this was not live! (except for Bono of course). Really wonder why though. I heared the BBC version and that was amazing!

whasjoewahn said:

I´m sorry... but this was not live! (except for Bono of course). Really wonder why though. I heared the BBC version and that was amazing!

it was filmed the same day as Vertigo for CDUK, none of them were live... they just air one song every week or every 2 weeks i don't know. if i remember correctly next it's gonna be Sometimes... again, not live.

actually the performance is all live except larrys vocals, believe it are not, how can u not tell that its not live, drums guitar and bass.(live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

If you listen closely, even the drums are panned stereo. Not seeing any drum mics, I'm assuming they didn't have rocket scientists setup the sound system to completely, 100%, reproduce the panning (left right) of the drums, guitar, etc.. on the CD.

Bono was live though, as many of you say.

gorman...just a quick question...I found the torrent on easytree...can you tell me why the file is 250MB? for a 4 minute video...doesn't that seem really high? and there are like 11 vob files in the torrent...wtf?

Come on, guys...we should be experts by now. This isn't live. There's a drum bit right before the slide guitar solo that Larry does when it's live (from Radio 1). It's absent here. Plus, this is a leftover from the CD:UK performance from a couple of weeks ago, which wasn't live either.

Also, Larry's not singing. He's making his usual face when drumming and just happened to have his mouth open over a mike.

Bono's voice though is definitely top quality. He nailed those strained parts really well. I think being off of cigarettes for a few years is really helping him regain his voice.

Yeah,I was thinking the whole time this sounds exactly like the cd version,and I've never really ben suspicious of that before with U2. Are we sure Bono wasn't lipsyncing as well? It's possible to lipsync and just interject a few extra words to make it appear live. I just hope this isn't a sign of things to come,but I highly doubt it. Either way,it's an amazing song. As for laying off the cigarettes,I was impressed with the strength of his voice on SNL and at last week's Brooklyn show.

It was recorded 4 weeks ago, and was partially live - Bono lypsynched a good part of it though, trust me.

Last edited:
I'm uploading a better copy in place of the old one on my site ;)

The original was only 1-pass encoded and was 320x240

New file is 352x288, shorter (without the introduction) and 2-pass which means the audio is a bit clearer :up:

I don't know of any reason why you should get a blank page Rene :huh: What browser are you using as I've only tested this with IE.

Alan

Back
Top Bottom