Miracle Drug FULL SONG LYRICS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thanks for posting the transcribed lyrics! :)

opinion:
The whole beach recording thing does keep me somewhat interested in the album before it's official release, but a partial or complete release of the recordings won't affect whether I buy the album or the singles. Heck, even if I had a complete rip of the demos, I'd still buy the official copy.

To me, demo and studio outtakes are what complete my collection. I love the whole creative process, be it music, visual art, or writing. And, that is the only reason why I would download a demo or out take. I'm pretty certain that whomever borrowed the demo disc did so for personal reasons not unlike the very reasons why I would too.

I cannot wait for this song--it sounds so good--I held off on the "beach clips" for a while but when I listened to them, this one gave me goose bumps--vintage U2--soaring, melodic.

Edge, if you ever read this, can you confirm whether these lyrics are real? Thanx!
(P.S, I can't believe when Edge was here, that nobody asked him if he was Dalkey Beach to clear up all this nonsense.)

Ok I dont have this clip, what's going on here lol.

Can someone tell me where to get it please?

You guys are really really scaring me if you're saying that the lyrics are gonna make me hear Lionel Ritchie's Hello.
I am truly terrified now...:yikes:

I sincerely hope those are not the lyrics. I can't believe some of you people like them. Bono is a much better lyricist than that.

ericbunny said:
fuck me...this album is going to kick the shit out of me!!!

Maybe its late, I don't know. I am still laughing out loud at this post. When I get sleepy I can visualise quite easily. I am seeing this LP kicking the shit out of ericbunny literally.

:lmao:

Good, but just a little too vague for me. I don't know... I just can't really see those lyrics really hitting me, they're so vague and they almost seem not to make any sense!!! They just seem to go together in a way that makes no sense...

I read over them once and when I discovered it was just somebody trying to "decipher" them from one of those Spaniard clips, I haven't given them a second thought.

We aren't that far away from the album, I wouldn't get my expectations out of whack over this stuff.

shart1780 said:
Good, but just a little too vague for me. I don't know... I just can't really see those lyrics really hitting me, they're so vague and they almost seem not to make any sense!!! They just seem to go together in a way that makes no sense...

lyrics don't usually make sense easily (good ones anyway), they're not supposed to, they're not like speech, to me these lyrics are spot on

AussieU2fanman said:
The lyrics are actually really deep, much more than Vertigo

Deep? I'm really scared this song is going to be appalling now. I was about to go on a rant about how poor "I can see it in your eyes, I can see it when you smile" is and blast it for being totally made up ... then I put on the clip of Miracle Drug.

This song is going to have incredible music as anyone could tell from listening to the clip. But the lyrics? Oh no. Oh no, no, no. One, With Or Without You, and Stay had beautiful, insightful lyrics, but what you posted ... well, in my aforementioned rant that I had half typed before I listened to the clip, I described it as "poor and wish-washy, sappy for the pop market."

Hang on a second - where does our clip fit into these lyrics? We have the 'chorus', along with an Edge solo. That would appear to correspond to here;

CHORUS
I can see it your eyes, I can see it when you smile…
I can’t end up with your ..?
To feel the love yeh I’ve given up
My miracle drug……Miracle Drug

(Edge solo)

But what comes after that? Well according to the posted lyrics, it's this;

(Edge singing)
A miracle forged on my lovers nest,
And you don’t know so don’t stay a second less???
Come into, and only stay
To take the dreams that fade away

However, on the clip, it sounds like Bono to me, and I don't think it's those lyrics either.

Thoughts?

Axver said:
Hang on a second - where does our clip fit into these lyrics? We have the 'chorus', along with an Edge solo. That would appear to correspond to here;

CHORUS
I can see it your eyes, I can see it when you smile…
I can’t end up with your ..?
To feel the love yeh I’ve given up
My miracle drug……Miracle Drug

(Edge solo)

But what comes after that? Well according to the posted lyrics, it's this;

(Edge singing)
A miracle forged on my lovers nest,
And you don’t know so don’t stay a second less???
Come into, and only stay
To take the dreams that fade away

However, on the clip, it sounds like Bono to me, and I don't think it's those lyrics either.

Thoughts?

Actually it fits perfectly. Everybody agreed a while ago that Edge is definately singing instead of Bono and it sounds like what he says. The whole clip corresponds to the lyrics. Hmm.....

AussieU2fanman said:

Actually it fits perfectly. Everybody agreed a while ago that Edge is definately singing instead of Bono and it sounds like what he says. The whole clip corresponds to the lyrics. Hmm.....

I must have missed that, but I am absolutely positive the voice singing at the start is the same as the voice singing at the end. Bono and Edge can sometimes sound similar, but not that similar. Am I going deaf, perhaps?

Axver said:

I must have missed that, but I am absolutely positive the voice singing at the start is the same as the voice singing at the end. Bono and Edge can sometimes sound similar, but not that similar. Am I going deaf, perhaps?

Are you sure your listening to the right clip ax? It is unmistakingly Edge singing after his solo (Everyone's reporting that Edge plays a more prominant role in vocals this time round, and this is evidently so). Anyway, I know from this 'Jean' that this song is awsome (unless he's full of shit, but I seriously doubt it).

My vote is that's the Edge singing after the solo. I also think what is written as the Edge's lyrics are wrong. The second line anyway. The first line 'fits' I guess, but doesn't seem quite right.

Back
Top Bottom