MERGED --> Songs U2 should drop from their setlist for the next tour + My two cents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bullet (indeed it's quite overplayed)

pride (not that i dislike the song but they should play something we barely hear live)

WOWY (bit boring)

stay faraway so close (probably the only song i ever skip on the dvd)

gone (although pop is my favorite album i think they can give more play to other songs they completely ignore the album)

wake up dead man (i love this song but i don't like how they never kick into the actual song and actually finish it)

Re: -what you thought was freedom was just greed-

oliveu2cm said:
They should drop all of them except every song from Pop, they should just play Pop all the time every song, maybe some songs twice.

yeah. yeah yeah.

Oh...my...God. :drool:

That would rock in so many ways. :bow: :combust:

Re: Re: -what you thought was freedom was just greed-

HeartlandGirl said:

Oh...my...God. :drool:

That would rock in so many ways. :bow: :combust:

:yes: It really would!!! Never gonna happen though...:grumpy:

hehe...I love that bowing smiley. It's so cute! :bow: :bow: :bow:

spittingkitty said:
if I offer them a shiny dime, would they never play "Stuck in a Moment" again?

I have never agreed with something so much in my life.:yes::up:

I say Bad and Stay.

They can't drop Bullet; Bono'd have to come up with another use for his flashlight.

looks like this is going to turn into one of those "how could you threads" I didnt read past first page of posts, here's the ones I'd get rid of from setlist:

1. New Years Day (bring it back in 10 years)

2. Sunday Bloody Sunday

3. Mysterious Ways

4. Bullet the Blue Sky

5. With or Without You

6. Pride

7. I Will Follow

8. Discotheque

9. Hold Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me, Thrill Me

10. Desiiiiiiiire

Time to take us into the next millenium...

Bullet the Blue Sky
Stuck in a Moment
New York
New Year's Day
I Will Follow

Bring back Mofo and Zoo Station Please

I only saw U2 on the Elevation Tour, so every song that they did was great to see live. However for someone following them a long time, I could see how people would want to give Bullet The Blue Sky and Until The End Of The World a rest. I think after 3 tours it might be time for One to get a rest on the next tour. At least I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For got a much needed rest on the first two legs of the Elevation tour. I would have been really sick of singing that one after so many tours.

if U2 would follow the suggetsions in this thread and not play anything released on single before Achung Baby I know I would just stay at home

BTW, is there a thread I'm missing about what they should ADD to the set list?

Oh, and I know it's probably taboo to agree, but "One" isn't doing it for me anymore either.

My personal drops:

"New Year's Day" - don't ask me why but I never cared for it during the Elevation Tour. Just seemed to lose its spark.

"I Still Haven't Found..." - This song just doesn't have the impact that it used to have.

"Staring at The Sun" - unless the full band plays it, the song drags.

"Walk On" - this may rub some people the wrong way but I never cared for this tune live. "One" as a closer was much more incredible to me. Perhaps they shouldn't drop the tune, but just put it somewhere else in the set list.

- [z] -

I think Bullet should have a rest next tour, but I would rather see them do something different with UTEOTW than to drop it. Maybe they could interchange Pride, Sunday and New Year's Day at different concerts so that one will appear.

I Will Follow was replaced by Out of Control sometimes, and it would be neat to keep an older song in the mix. Maybe next tour it could be Gloria.

My least favorite song on the Elevation set list was New York.

Well I dont know why so many people dont like Bullet The Blue Sky.I think on every tour the song takes a new shape and a new solo plus some more amazing sounds for The Edge to play it.Its a perfect The Edge show off song.Personally,I dont mind that.I mean those bells from POPmart were priceless, I mean who could have thought that the Edge would use that part of the guitar neck.Plus the Mark Chapman rap on the last tour was one of the most intense moment of the entire show.

As long as they keep on re-inventing the Bullet, its going to be one of the highlights of the set list.

Well I know what everyone means with Pride, but I think when you're actually there, you wont mind it that much.Just a guess.

BTBS can go, as well as Stuck. I'd love to hear more stuff from AB on the set. Acrobat live pleeeeeeease!

Oh goodness, I didn't know everybody was getting tired of BULLET! I stil think this song can kick ass live; but I wouldn't mind if it was not played on the next tour (if they tour that is:D )

Anyway I wouldn't mind not hearing:

Desire
Pride
Sunday Bloody Sunday

But I still think Mysterious Ways should stay in the set!!

Just my opinion:wave:

Re: Re: Re: -what you thought was freedom was just greed-

wertsie said:
It looks like a bowing piece of dirty fluff. :coocoo: :shrug: :scratch:

Re: Re: Re: -what you thought was freedom was just greed-

wertsie said:

:yes: It really would!!! Never gonna happen though...:grumpy:

I'll never say never. Maybe Mtv or VH1, despite their suckiness, will at some future time hold a big contest--"U2- You pick the set list!" or something like that. How cool would that be?

<----is obviously delusional.

And for good measure... :bow: POP :bow:

ishkash said:
Well I dont know why so many people dont like Bullet The Blue Sky.I think on every tour the song takes a new shape and a new solo plus some more amazing sounds for The Edge to play it.Its a perfect The Edge show off song.Personally,I dont mind that.I mean those bells from POPmart were priceless, I mean who could have thought that the Edge would use that part of the guitar neck.Plus the Mark Chapman rap on the last tour was one of the most intense moment of the entire show.

As long as they keep on re-inventing the Bullet, its going to be one of the highlights of the set list.

Well I know what everyone means with Pride, but I think when you're actually there, you wont mind it that much.Just a guess.

exactly

spittingkitty said:
They seem to agree with america's political views now? What political view is that? Isn't that quite a generic statement? I'm getting sort of sick of people waxing on about how un-american U2 is for "Bullet" - they aren't allowed to have an opinion about this country? Do americans have an opinion about Ireland? Ugh.
i didn't say they should drop it BECAUSE of the part you quoted, it was a secondary, less important reason. and yes, i would think U2 seems to agree with america's political views, as the insides of bono's jackets on many occasions has been lined with an american flag, they had the names of the victims of 9/11 scrolling during their super bowl performance, bono hanging out with some of america's prominent politicians. i didn't see him doing this in 1987, so pardon me for thinking he's changed his mind.

the point of my original post was: the song's grown tired, it's lost its energy, and has just become too boring and predictable.

Last edited:
I don't care what songs they play, as long as I get to see them perform live, its all good:yes:

KhanadaRhodes said:

i didn't see him doing this in 1987, so pardon me for thinking he's changed his mind.

I think there is a difference between supporting america and agreeing with american politics. I think there is something poignant about the lyric to BTBS today - not last year - today.

I forgot about the Mark David Chapman bit from the last tour. Shame on me! I also dug the whole thing about Charlton Heston and gun control. Maybe it hasn't lost it's power after all.

But I still want to see "Stuck" canned. My husband point out that it's the one song from the entire set list that filled up the men's bathroom. LOL

Bullet The Blue Sky

They've played it on every tour since JT. Personally, it was never one of my favorites. I always thought is was kind of an obvious "Whole Lotta Love" nick. I think it really peaked on Popmart. It was nice to see them expand on it musically in the 90's, but how about bringing out "One Tree Hill" or "Red Hill Mining Town" instead?

UTEOTW

I love the tune & it is great live, but they've done the "Bono & Edge duel thing" on the last two tours & played it every tour since ZOO. Hopefully they'll mix it up a bit next time. It would be nice to hear "So Cruel" or "Acrobat", but don't hold your breath. I'd love to hear "Love Is Blindness" again...

Hawkmoon1021 said:
It would be nice to hear "So Cruel" or "Acrobat", but don't hold your breath. I'd love to hear "Love Is Blindness" again...

:yes: :yes: :yes:

Love is Blindness... that song is just perfect live! But I don't know if it would work without MacPhisto... :huh:

Re: -what you thought was freedom was just greed-

oliveu2cm said:
They should drop all of them except every song from Pop, they should just play Pop all the time every song, maybe some songs twice.

yeah. yeah yeah.

:yes: :drool: Olive I love the way you think! :cute:

I'm with HeartLandGirl.....:bow: POP :bow:

:lmao:

flaming june said:

:yes: :yes: :yes:

Love is Blindness... that song is just perfect live! But I don't know if it would work without MacPhisto... :huh:

Well Macphisto never appeared in the states (we got the mirror ball man) and Love is Blindness still worked.

Originally posted by oliveu2cm

Oh fer sure! That'll demote them to playing theme parks real quck like! Of course they could always count on the same 50 or so Pop fanatics from this forum to follow them around!! Besides that they wouldn't draw much of a crowd.

The majority of the fan base, especially the casual fans which account for a great deal of sales, want the older stuff and the bigger hits. U2 knows that and will keep it up if they want to keep the money coming in.

I would vote to drop Discotheque. It's stupid and a joke and beneath the greatness of the band's legacy.

Desire4Bono said:

Of course they could always count on the same 50 or so Pop fanatics from this forum to follow them around!! Besides that they wouldn't draw much of a crowd.

GREAT!!! My chances of dancing with Bono will SO improve!! YAY!!! All the "casual" fans can sit at home and I can dance with Bono! YEAH! Sounds like a deal to me! ;) :yes:

Awww.

spittingkitty said:
But I still want to see "Stuck" canned. My husband point out that it's the one song from the entire set list that filled up the men's bathroom. LOL

I must be the only one on the whole board who likes Stuck. :(

Back
Top Bottom