MERGED-->Original of the species radio single in US-new strings+OOTS (single version)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
namkcuR said:
The thing I want most in the single version of OOTS is the keyboard progression in the chorus...the progression was some kind of electronic chime and very faint on the album version, and the keyboard progression is much better. It literally makes the chorus 100x better.

I agree....:up:

OMG, i just heard it, it was amazing, i only heard about half, but it souded the same, yet superbly better (think please single mix), i wasnt able to record any part of it, but it was amazing (ok maybe not, but it was pretty good) thank good bambino (the dj) likes u2, cant wait to get my hands on an mp3

i have no idea if i actually heard the new mix, but i was working sat. night at damon's grill near my house (think generic "neighborhood" bar/grill) and what was the second song i heard? yest, original of the species...caught me off guard, but after a few seconds, i was singing along to it...i had no idea it would already be on the top 40 station we play at the restaurant...hopefully a sign of good things to come?...i'll accept nothing less than the outrageously popular single u2 deserve

ya i want to hear it, i think its going to be great (inspired by the live performances, i hope).

All things considered, it is kind of surprising we haven't seen an mp3 yet.

shart1780 said:
Mn, I can't believe no one has the MP3 yet. It's my friggin favorite song from the album I want it sooo baadddd :no:

it's my favorite too!

ok... I'm gonna suggest this again, because it seems to me to be the easiest way to hear it!

IF WE ALL REQUEST IT NOW ON kfog.com they will STREAM IT ONLINE!!

REQUEST IT HERE: www.kfog.com/Requests/Equest.asp

or you can call to request it too: 1-800-300-5364

then you can listen to KFOG here:

www.streamaudio.com/stations/player/pages/index.asp?Station=KFOG_FM

or go to www.kfog.com and click on CLICK TO LISTEN

if we flood them all in the next hour, they will play it!

This is a radio station that plays "The Three Sunrises" and "I Fall Down" all the time!!

shart1780 said:
I requested it!

Come on guys, you should request it too.

I requested it too... they haven't played it yet as you can see:

www.kfog.com/justPlayed.asp

if anyone has TOTAL RECORDER or a program to record streaming audio... now would be a good time to use it!! (i did it when vertigo first played on Aussie radio, but I'm at work right now :( I can't even listen to KFOG sadly)

I requested it just now.

EDIT: Recording software at the ready boys and girls.

shart1780 said:
How can we be sure the station has it?

well, they have played Original of the Species often before, so it's certain that they would play it if they had it... but you are right, we cannot be certain that they have it (if not all radio stations have received it yet) we are going on the info from www.u2wanderer.org/disco/pr058.html

I tried calling KFOG but I think something is wrong with their phone or mine!

1-800-300-5364

Back
Top Bottom