MERGED-->longer clip of L&PoE (you can hear it...)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dancing Barefoot comes to mind. For those who haven't listened, I suggest you hold out. You're in for a great treat.

nurse chrissi said:
A little blurb from the song
"I don't know if I can take it/I'm dizzy/on my kness"
pretty much sums up how I feel
are we sure this isn't Vertigo? - Just a question....

Most of us are under the impression that Vertigo is the clip that was posted where Bono is singing "Hello, hello, you're in a place called Vertigo". :)

Man, I liked this from the little clip we had, with that great dirty guitar riff from Edge, but this is even better now. I really really really like this song, it has a kinda cool glam rock thing going on with it. I love that swell back into Edge's solo, that song is gonna kick ass live. Thank you to who ever put this clip up there!

its the type of song that listeners who tend to "hold back" probably won't like- you almost just have to let go and "go with it" - that chord progression from Edge just loosens you right up! And Bono's vocals are really inviting.

Most of us are under the impression that Vertigo is the clip that was posted where Bono is singing "Hello, hello, you're in a place called Vertigo".

Agreed that that is the song - but I remember Neil McCormick talking about the single saying that the line "on my knees" was it it - of course Neil could have been just messing with the fans he knew would read that

and doesn't Bono sound great?
He sounds better on these crappy clips than he does on most of ATYCLB. Again, it is hard to tell for sure, but he sounds like he is singing comfortably in that higher range.

Somebody please leak Vertigo for the love of God.

elfyx said:
Good lord! This song totally rocks! The descriptions here are pretty accurate, imo. It has this really "good" vibe- as in good old-fashioned wholesome "goodness". Pretty wild. Such diversity in just one song alone.

Yeah...I think it sounds more naturally classic rock than what they tried to do on Rattle And Hum.

Black Math said:

Yeah...I think it sounds more naturally classic rock than what they tried to do on Rattle And Hum.

True. The feel is great. Like they got together one Saturday nite, popped open a few beers, and played a tune.

Black Math said:

Good observation- it really does sound more natural. Even makes R&H seem contrived (not that THAT argument hasn't popped up before, LOL). Maybe it's just how LOOSE the song comes off.

Yes..more of a spontaneous feel. Damn, its getting hard to keep my expectations in check with leaks like this and Vertigo..;)

Edge... play the blues! :wink:

This song rocks... a lot. It's a totally new thing for U2 to do and yet it seems to capture the same sort of energy they had during the AB/Zooropa era.

Everything we learn and hear about this album just makes me more excited. Let's hope it keeps going this way till November.

New Love and Peace MP3

Hey everyone,

Could someone host the new clip...couldn't download it from the Italian site...

Thats what I like about these clips, all of them have an energy and enthusiasm about them, I'm pleased U2 have not become a typical older band that got bored and tired with time..they still have that energy and sense of wonder to their music even now.

I'm a few listens in now, and man it's taken my head off with how good it is, the little breaks, the B-mans melody lines are sweet as a nut, and on top of that he's sounding great. This is starting to sound like the record they've been speaking about (for once they've told the truth!), It is Edge's record! I am so happy hearing Edge play big heavy riffs like this. It's so much more plugged in than anything on ATYCLB. And there's a lot of joy in there as well. Sounds like a good song to listen to with a few beers before hitting the pub!

Oh FUCK, brilliant. :drool: I'm almost in tears. U2 .. actually getting even better? Was it possible?
This song is incredible.
I have huge expectations for HTDAAB.

Am I the only one that thinks these clips sound like rehersals?

Few more listens - If the rest of the album sounds as good as this - who really gives a sh*t about what Bono's hair looks like:wink:

This song sounds like a live jam, which I never associate with U2. I've listened to it 10 times now & really like, gives me that "Roadhouse Blues" vibe still. At least people won't say the entire album is overproduced.

That's the line that sticks out the most:

"Lay down, lay down your guns!"

Last edited:
Jim said:
Am I the only one that thinks these clips sound like rehersals?

I think when this was recorded on the beach it was an unmastered mix of the CD, I think this was recorded pretty quickly after the record was finished, that's why a lot of the vocals seem to step up and stuff. It sounds good though, don't you think?

Your comments are making it hard not to listen...

glam rock?!? So you mean it sounds like something the Darkness might do? :yikes:

U2girl said:
Your comments are making it hard not to listen...

glam rock?!? So you mean it sounds like something the Darkness might do? :yikes:

No, nothing like Darkness. Think REAL Glam rock, T.Rex, Bowie.

nurse chrissi said:
Few more listens - If the rest of the album sounds as good as this - who really gives a sh*t about what Bono's hair looks like:wink:

BTW, @U2 has an article from RTE with the same picture except Bono is looking forward this time. His hair looks a lot better...

Back
Top Bottom