MERGED --> Let's give a (gentle) lesson to U2 + Boycott U2 + Anyone plan to boycott

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djcm

The Fly
Let's give a (gentle) lesson to U2

Hi all,

U2 are nothing without us fans. Let us be respected, let
us show them our disapointment with the new paying fan club and the failure of the ticket presale.

There is an original way to demonstrate this disapointment (this is mostly for uk fans). Island records release multi format cd singles making us buy twice or thrice the same stuff in order to get high chart placings. My idea is to boycott these future multi releases in order they miss the top 10. Why not buying only one format or waiting a couple of weeks before buying them ? Now what the U2 machine needs is a lesson of humility, let them miss the singles top 10, then maybe fans will get some more consideration. What do you think ?

DJ

yeah...no singles for me, even though i bought all the orthers and was planning on buying the next ones.

We really should all wait like a month after they are released, teach them a lesson. They'd be like wtf?? what did we do...and figure they better remember the fans...not that i think this is u2's fault, but perhaps they weren't as consciencous about this as we think.

I think you're going to have to do a little more than that if you even want to make a dent.

I say we all make t-shirts or signs an bring them to the shows.

I have my t-shirt already in the design process. I am thinking the front will read "I was raped by U2.com."

I am up for suggestion though.

Rape is a completly inappropriate term for this situation. A rape victim is scarred for life. This is a ticket sale for a rock concert. Not getting tickets may well be upsetting but it is nothing compared to rape.

Please don't use the word "rape" on your tshirt.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=rape

That's the most common definition of the word now, but it had one before that's still quite valid.

Now if he printed, "I was raped in the ass, hardcore, by U2.com, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt," I think it'd be insensitive.

Last edited:
Technically the term "rape" is valid, yes. I actually speak an older version of English to most people on this site so I'm aware of the other uses of this term.

Emotionally, I believe, this word is associated with sexual rape.

Perhaps the tshirt can read "financially raped' instead of "raped".

so i am happy
not to be member
of that crappy crappy
u2.com

its a shame and a disgrace
that the band allow
some to behave in such bad bad taste
only for the money race

:no::no::no:

Hey if you want to get your own back you could always look out for Sebastard Clayton and jump him!!

But dont boycott the band, it's really not their fault that their website is a pile of shit!!!
If we dont buy their singles we'll have to suffer all those other shit bands in the charts!!
I mean there is only one irish band i want to see at the top of the charts and it aint fucking westlife!!!

The best way of boycotting the band has to be not going to the concert. If you don't like the ticket prices, or are incensed by the cock up that was the pre-sale, don't buy tickets and don't see them on tour. Do you think the band will even see someone's t-shirt saying "U2.com screwed me over"? And if they did, they'd probably go off stage laughing, thinking if someone is that angry and upset with us, why come and see us?
It's easier and more direct than not buying singles or some other random t-shirt that will be lost in the crowd.

What next album? U2 are just milking everyone dry because it doesn't matter to them anymore if this will be their last album. They can piss off everyone and step on other people's toes. It doesn't matter. Their album is already a commercial success and their tour will surely be sold out (considering they are only doing 16 American dates, and in arenas). So from the looks of it there won't be any next U2 album, so there will be no gentle lesson to give.

Cheers,

J

mama cass said:
wow

and this is a fan site?

Yes it is. No matter how badly U2 are treating their fans now, it will never diminish the legend of the Joshua Tree, the reinvention of Achtung, and the infamy of POP. So there will always be U2 fans forever and wherever. And many are in this fansite being ripped off. I am sure they suddenly feel that their wallets are getting lighter and lighter everytime they hear a U2 song nowadays.

Cheers,

J

I can't f**kin' believe what's going on! It's could potentially cost upwards of $200 to see U2. If you pay $165 for a ticket, and you paid your $40 dollars to U2.com, for a membership, to get first crack at choice seating. Which, by the way, is a total f**kin' joke. My wife logged in, right at 10am, and the best seat she could get was section 405 at MSG?! Are you f**kin' kidding me?! That was the best they had?! F**kin' bullsh**, is what it is! U2.com can kiss my a$$! We're paying to fly up to New York, stay in a hotel, plus tickets. Just so we can see our favorite band. The only silver lining is that we didn't get stuck with $165 tickets. If U2 doesn't make it to Tampa on the 2nd time through the states, I guess we'll only get to see 1 show this tour, and it will be my last.

Last edited:
I think there are 2 lessons U2 could learn from this:
1. don't trust the internet for ticket sales
2. don't ever make fans feel like you've promised them something

in conclusion:
next tour - do not try to give fans any perogative re. tickets

Can I ask a question? I've seen Sebastian Clayton mentioned a few times in connection with this whole tickets thing. What was that about? What did he do?

Seems like a lot of people are complaining about the seat they got. The way I look at it is if there was no presale and all we had was the mad rush to get tickets like everyone else, then what chance of getting any tickets, nevermind nosebleed ones?? Guess I'm a bit more of a glass is half full guy..:shrug:

PennyPyro said:
Can I ask a question? I've seen Sebastian Clayton mentioned a few times in connection with this whole tickets thing. What was that about? What did he do?

Apparently he has something to do with U2.com.

Boycott U2

Because of this presale ticket fiasco, I say we should all boycott anything and everything that is U2.

Nobody will buy their tickets, thus forcing them to cancel their tour and announce their retirement.

Who's with me?

:up:

Back
Top Bottom