MERGED ----> Daughtry Covers "Sunday Bloody Sunday"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I still think he should have one, I think he has more staying power.

I usually don't like anyone who covers U2, my own personal pet peeve but.....he's pretty good and the best cover I have heard yet.

Watching now. Ya Chris most definitely should have won, for the first time IMO America got it wrong on American Idol.

If you can still find it, check out Bronson Arroyo's (MLB pitcher) album "Covering the Bases". He covers a bunch of 90's rock songs, and sounds just like Chris.

1. this is what i imagine Live covering the song would sound like
2. it's pretty straightforward
3. he can sing, but is channeling the wrong era-Bono
4. he's still fucking hot :drool:
5. SBS is clearly a great song, what energy

Lila64 said:
didn't think it was anything special :shrug:
yeah, no offense or anything, but it was pretty much straightforward. didn't really see any original variations or anything, but then again i didnt' really expect it either. it's a good cover, but doesn't really stand out to me

It's not bad. Obviously, you can't touch Bono's vocals or the band's musicianship.
For a new band and a new singer, it's not a bad cover. I'll give it a B, mostly because I still feel that Chris was robbed.

I don't necessarily like anybody covering SBS, but he didn't do a bad job at all.

He was my pic for AI, I was seriously pissed off when he got dissed for Taylor Hicks.

Weeeeeelll I will admit I think it is better than
MJB's cover of ONE
zzrun.gif

just interrupting for a second to say "Damn, I like your signature BonoFox!!"

ok, back to it now! :wink:

I can't listen to it now but it's easy to imagine what it sounds like. Props to him for taking on that song, I'm sure he knew he would take flak from U2 fans :shrug:

I agree with Irvine, he is still hot

Chris is still the man! I wanted him to win so bad. :madspit: Taylor Hicks coming to the Tennessee Theatre in March--I might check him out though.

Vocals are almost like Bono's... but it's really good though. Not sure how I feel about the 2 guitars...

Eh... Kind of bland and boring. I liked Chris enough on the show, but this whole "Daughtry" thing is really lame. I'll be surprised if he actually has long-term success, same goes for the other Idols (and I do like Taylor, I really do).

What's up with the drummer's facial expressions? LOL

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom