"Mercy" - Where did this come from!?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Danny Boy said:
Soundsoap did a pretty good job on it. See what you think of this...

://s49. .com/d.aspx?id=1I8Q69I1QK19K2J2XKXM5BZZT5
(The usual ysi between the dots.)

I can't get through (even with the usual you send it) Is there another way I can get hold of "Mercy". Help is appreciated :bow:

Left-click on the part of the provided link that opens into another window. In the new window's address, replace the string of "++++++" with "you sendit" (no spaces). I just tested it, and it's definitely still active.

And thanks to Dannyboy for the cleaned up version of Mercy. It sounds wonderful. :up:

Last edited:
Hey, would somebody mind reposting that or sending it to jimjiminy [at] gmail [dot] com?

Thanks

Hey, thanks to whoever sent it to me. Of course I had the original version that was leaked but this remaster sounds really good. Nice job!

U2SJ said:
So as much as I would be happy to help you all out by getting you a better copy, I dont really know how to. I will email spanisheyes and see if he knows how and let you all know. :)

So... what happened??? :( :huh:

...has anyone considered that U2SJ may have a copy of the stolen CD from France; otherwise, how would this materialize? It would be interesting to compare the other songs we know about (the official HTDAAB cd release) to the songs on U2SJ's disc to see if they're the same.

can someone email me or repost the link for the cleaned up version of Mercy? This track has grown on me more and more each time I listen. To bad it wasn't on the final cut for HTDAAB. I just love the guitar part at 5:15, just something about it that makes it magical?:edge:
miguelsanchez_69@hotmail.com

A HUGE thank you to Sanchez for this song. I'm still listening to it for the first time, and my only thought for now is "why wasn't this on the album?!"

Wonderful! Thank you again.

I'm still holding out hope that we may see a high quality version of Mercy ripped from the original source. Last I heard, U2SJ (the owner of the original source for Mercy) was willing to help us out but needed some info on how to rip the song properly. I'm not sure if there was ever a follow-up to this, but it seems as though we're this close to getting a high quality rip of Mercy, if only someone could get through to U2SJ (and assuming she is still inclined to help us out) and guide her on how to rip the song.

I'm not sure how to proceed from here, but I'd certainly love to have the best quality of Mercy possible.

ok there are a lot of you who want mercy...I have it. Since some of you have trouble with ysi and cuz it's just gonna expire, feel free to add iamveryspecial_69@hotmail.com to your msn messenger and I can send it over that. I'll make a ysi link too.

It really is a promising song and sounds complete to me.

apparently I can't post a url until i make 15 posts....so get rid of the spaces in the following URL

http :// s27. .com /d.aspx?id=2REQCKY7QLJR91BJAHCEVY7ECU

Danny Boy said:
I have a copy of the "original" WMA that U2SJ posted, and it's 128 kbps, which is lossy, yes, but certainly not to the degree that would add obvious digital artifacts to the track.

Most of the sound quality issues in that track are due to background white noise (hiss), not digital compression.

In fact, I converted the WMA back to WAV and used Soundsoap to remove the hiss, and it sounds much better. Still demo quality, but not bad.

Would you mind sharing a copy of "mercy" I'm so intrigued to hear this song.

mr.mcphisto93@gmail.com

U2SJ said:
Hi everyone :wave:
Lol I just found this thread otherwise I would've replied sooner, I guess Ive been stuck in the tour discussions area lately :wink:
Anyways, yes the story is true, I met Bono he told me to watch out for this amazing Mercy track...then I was lucky before the album was released and someone gave me a copy of the album and when I got home I realized it had this extra track on it...which to me sounded like Mercy cuz it was 6 minutes long and Bono had mentioned that in an interview once...
anyways, I am clueless on all this WMA/WAV stuff, sorry :( All I know is that I burned it onto my computer and then since I didnt know how to post it, I sent it to spanisheyes who knows more about these things and he posted it. So as much as I would be happy to help you all out by getting you a better copy, I dont really know how to. I will email spanisheyes and see if he knows how and let you all know. :)
Im glad everyone loves it so much, its an incredible song and I also cannot wait for this to be released officially :)

Hey u2sj, would you mind sharing a copy of this track with me? I've heard so many good things about this track that I want a copy of it. I would gladly appreciate it. Thanks.

mr.mcphisto93@gmail.com

um hmm good question. :der: The file I sent you is a "remaster" that someone here tried to clean up a bit. The running time on that file is 5:25 while the running time on the original file I have from U2SJ is 6:31. :confused:

I'm going to post the one I didn't send you, gimme a sec

neutral said:
um hmm good question. :der: The file I sent you is a "remaster" that someone here tried to clean up a bit. The running time on that file is 5:25 while the running time on the original file I have from U2SJ is 6:31. :confused:

I'm going to post the one I didn't send you, gimme a sec

Cool thanks. Yeah I'm hearing it and it seems that it cuts off right away and the end. Just send it to my email.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom