Make "Passengers:OS1" into a 10 track U2 Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hoodlem

War Child
I'm sure this has been done before, but I don't remember it so here we go...

How would you "trim the fat" so to speak, off of Original Soundtracks 1 to make it into a release that might have been able to be called a "U2" album?

Create a version 10 tracks long using only songs from the Passengers album. (HMTMKMKM or other b-sides are not eligible!) Consider track order and give it an appropriate title. I'm curious to see what people come up with.

HERE'S MINE

U2 - Always Forever Now [1995]

1) Always Forever Now - Great opener. Title track. Starts quiet and builds and builds. Like an ambient/experimental "Streets".
2) Slug - Brilliant song. Leads perfectly into YBR as on OS1.
3) Your Blue Room - The best hidden gem in the U2 catalog? Yep. Top 3 song for me.
4) Corpse (These Chains Are Way Too Long) - I struggled with where to put this one. A dark little number, this may have been better toward the end. But I did something else at the end and this would not have fit.
5) Theme From Let's Go Native - Picks things up a bit after "Corpse"
6) One Minute Warning - How great is this song? It catches me by surprise quite often as I find myself mesmerized by it. Try out the transition from this into ADKOB. I'm telling you it works!
7) A Different Kind Of Blue - See I told you so! For tracks 7-10, I didn't want to mess with the the order that these songs originally appeared in. They all blend into each other like one continuous song.
8) Beach Sequence - Pure Beauty! So simple!
9) Miss Sarajevo - Gotta go out with a bang. This is the closer for all intents and purposes.
10) Theme From The Swan - I just recently discovered the brilliance of this song. The rain noise at the beginning and end connect it with the same noise at the beginning of MS. Have you ever noticed the dog barking in the distance? What a great mood to close the album. This could be a hidden track that kicks in after about 10-30 seconds.

So try it out and let me know what you think and let's hear your ideas!

I will have to give this album another listen this weekend
because as it is (even though I do enjoy the album) I can't for the life of me remember what some of the tracks sound like
or at least I don't know what track belongs to which title

I guess though that for it to work as an actual 10 song U2 album they should have written 2 or 3 more songs that actually add some body to the ambient
I would have loved U2 to have made a proper album with added ambient textures
but as it is it will always sound to me like an ambient album with hic ups
almost a great idea, but not quite

U2 - Always Forever Now [1995]

1) Always Forever Now - Great opener. Title track. Starts quiet and builds and builds. Like an ambient/experimental "Streets".
2) Slug - Brilliant song. Leads perfectly into YBR as on OS1.
3) Your Blue Room - The best hidden gem in the U2 catalog? Yep. Top 3 song for me.
4) Corpse (These Chains Are Way Too Long) - I struggled with where to put this one. A dark little number, this may have been better toward the end. But I did something else at the end and this would not have fit.
5) Theme From Let's Go Native - Picks things up a bit after "Corpse"
6) One Minute Warning - How great is this song? It catches me by surprise quite often as I find myself mesmerized by it. Try out the transition from this into ADKOB. I'm telling you it works!
7) A Different Kind Of Blue - See I told you so! For tracks 7-10, I didn't want to mess with the the order that these songs originally appeared in. They all blend into each other like one continuous song.
8) Beach Sequence - Pure Beauty! So simple!
9) Miss Sarajevo - Gotta go out with a bang. This is the closer for all intents and purposes.
10) Theme From The Swan - I just recently discovered the brilliance of this song. The rain noise at the beginning and end connect it with the same noise at the beginning of MS. Have you ever noticed the dog barking in the distance? What a great mood to close the album. This could be a hidden track that kicks in after about 10-30 seconds.

!

I like this tracklisting. Might try it out, and also listen to OS1 to construct my own U2-proper-album.

I'm at Sarajevo right now and so far it's absolutely perfect! :love: except maybe Corpse. I'm not sure whether it needs to stay or something else can replace it. :hmm:

Nice tracklist. The only cuggestion i have is replacing "Corpse" with "Plot 180" and then putting "Corpse" as the closer instead of "Swan"....or maybe put "Swan" as the 11th hidden track...

I don't know. While Plot 180 sounds good replacing Corpse, I'm not sure about Corpse ending it or coming in between Sarajevo and Swan. Sarajevo/Swan is a pretty awesome closer! And Corpse after Swan just does not sound right.

I don't know. While Plot 180 sounds good replacing Corpse, I'm not sure about Corpse ending it or coming in between Sarajevo and Swan. Sarajevo/Swan is a pretty awesome closer! And Corpse after Swan just does not sound right.

this is the very dilema I faced. I agree that MS/Swan is a perfect way to end.

1. united colours
2. slug
3. your blue room
4. always forever now
5. a different kind of blue
6. beach sequence
7. miss sarajevo
8. elvis ate america
9. corpse (these chains are waaaaaaaay too long, fuckers)
10. plot 180

:hmm: not too sure about the flow, i'm too lazy to listen :happy:

I love Passengers to bits, even Elvis Ate America.....although I do like your track listing I wouldn't change a thing from the original.

Great thread Hoodlem. You've opened up this album to me for the first time in a while, and I find it more exciting than ever before. Your tracklist is great, but I think the "Corpse" issue you and others have mentioned can be fully remedied by simply moving it from Track 4 to Track 6. It actually flows very well into A Different Kind of Blue (despite what it may seem by having so many slower songs together). Let me know what you guys think.

Back
Top Bottom