Let it out! What you are most ashamed to admit as a U2 fan ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jick

Refugee
It's about time to let these cobwebs out of my closet. Here are things that I as a U2 fan am ashamed to admit. So let me admit these things now....

-I don't own a copy of Ahctung Baby (but have it on mp3)

-I have never seen the Million Dollar Hotel although I own a pirated DVD copy of it

-I cannot recall the song titles and their order in the album for the songs/albums before Under A Blood Red Sky without consulting the U2 discography

-For the longest time, I thought it was pronounced "Bow-no" and not "Bah-no"

-When I was younger I thought he said "one man in the name of love" instead "what more in the name of love"

Shame on me for all this. Anyone else wanna share things they want to admit but are quite ashamed about admitting?

Cheers,

J

Well hear we go! Youve opend up and now its me underpressure to reveal all of my U2 secrets! LOL!

1. I thought Bono said 'I have kissed on the lips' rather than
'i have kissed honey lips' in Still havent fount what im looking for!

2. I dont have the albums 'Under a blood red sky', 'Wide awake in America' and 'Live at Slane castle'. However in my diffence i do have the dvd Live at slane castle, dont see the point in buying the CD.

3. A few months ago i didnt no that Bono was married with four kids, and The Edge has a kid and a second wife! Odear!

4. I have a PIRATE copy of the Dvd Rattle and Hum and aint got round to buy a real copy yet. ooops.

5. Finally ive only became a true fan of U2 at around easter time. IM LIKE CENTURES TOO LATE! OOOPS!

There happy now. LOL. only messin :wink:

1- I love Pop, Zoorpa, AB, and TUF, but i haven't bought them officially :(

2- 95% of the songs i can play on gutiar are U2 songs :p

3- i used to think that the song Love is Blindness was for a movei

jick said:
-When I was younger I thought he said "one man in the name of love" instead "what more in the name of love"J

So did I! I also thought the title of Bad was Let It Go until I actually bought a copy of The Unforgettable Fire.

Other confessions:

- I have yet to see U2 in concert even though I have been a fan since 1987

- I don't own a copy of Under a Blood Red Sky (I do have Live at Red Rocks on VHS though)

- I don't own the soundtrack to The Million Dollar Hotel

- I don't own the Zoo TV Sydney videotape (I'd buy this tomorrow, but I'm holding out for a possible DVD release)

Kate1 said:

3. A few months ago i didnt no that Bono was married with four kids, and The Edge has a kid and a second wife! Odear!

Actually, Edge has five kids, not just one.

Anyway...

1) I've never seen U2 live. I blew the chance to see Elevation when I opted to pay my rent instead of buy tickets.

2) I bought Passengers the day it was released and only listened to Miss Sarajevo and Your Blue Room in entirety.

3) Until recently, I didn't know that Rattle and Hum Outtakes existed.

Homerpalooza said:

Wait, what? An official CD exists of that Slane Castle gig?

No, one does not exsist. I know they released the DVD in a CD jewel case version. I see that shelved with the CDs at places like Best Buy all the time. I can see how that may cause confusion.

Yep! Didnt you know! I feel stupid now The Edge has FIVE kids!!! Bloody hell hes been busy! Are they all to his second wife?:huh:

:rolleyes:

-I don't own Passengers, The Million Dollar Hotel soundtrack and any U2 book
-I've never seen U2 live

I have never seen U2 live for as long as I've been a fan, and that has been since 1991. I guess I will see them during the next tour.

1. I am A u2 concert virgin - hope to correct this with new tour - I am going to the opening concert - somehow...
2. Do not have copies of Achtung baby or Rattle and Hum outtakes (want, need but do not have)
3. Collect every bootleg copy of u2 that I can find on p2p sites

I saw the Conspiracy of Hope Tour, the JT tour, the ZooTV tour, and the Elevation Tour. In other words, I missed PopMart due to the tour hitting Atlanta the night before Thanksgiving. :reject:

I got to hang out with the band back in 2000 (my story is in the u2 meetings forum) and didnt take a picture with them - although I did get a funny picture of Edge posing/waving about a foot infront of the camera - and its slightly blurry.

I don't own a copy of WAIA (I refuse to pay ?10 for 4 songs, however good they are)

I own hardly any u2 bootlegs, all I have are a few concerts downloaded from the net, and most of them are incomplete

I have "achtung baby" in tape...
I've only been in one concert... (but hey i'm proud cuz i won the ticket to go there)
I haven't seen the million dolars hotel :reject:
I don't have any U2 books... (you can't find them here :( )
I have a pirate copy of the elevation tour DVD and rattle and hum
I only have one U2 poster...
I havent hear my U2 cds in months
I have more Mp3s of cypress hill than U2...
I have only one bootleg... but pirate :(

Last edited:
-I have only been a fan since august of 2001 (dang me for coming to the party late)
-I have over 30 bootlegs but have only listened to about 10 of them
-I have only just recently watched Slane castle and i got it last x-mas
-I have several U2 books that i have never read

My friend gave me UABRS and RAH on tape and it took me a month to get around to watching them.

... I then watched them every day for about the next month.

I missed the Elevation show in my own city, for a really stupid reason. The same show where Sweetest Thing was played, as well as One/Losing My Religion/Everybody Hurts. :mad:

I only have one U2 book and I really don't like it, wish I'd bought a different one.

I still watch Slane at least once a week. :reject:

Oh here's a pretty amusing one. :happy: For the longest time, I thought Bono had actually memorized all the names he recites at the end of SBS on the Slane DVD, and I even posted that it was touching that he'd done that. Another fan finally pointed out that he was very obviously reading the names from something at his feet. oops! :der:

Until I became the U2 nut I am today in early 2001, I didn't know 80's and 90's U2 was the same band.

Even after I was enlightened I thought One was on The Joshua Tree and was disappointed when I stole the CD from my dad and it wasn't there.

I still haven't returned The Joshua Tree to my dad; burned him a copy instead...Same with War, now that I think about it, so I guess I technically never bought those.

Last edited:
I bought All That You Cant Leave Behind years ago. Didnt like and put it away and forgot about it . Early this year I thought, "I really should buy that album". So I bought it again. Listened to it, didnt like it, and went to put it away in the bottom drawer of my CD cabinet, and, umm, found the other CD. :der:

I met Bonos personal assistant/carpenter from the Lovetown tour and said "Have you met Bono?" :der:

Ditto the "one man in the name of love" comments from Jick etc. I didnt know that until I read this thread :|

I missed Zoo TV in my home state by being in a family wedding in DC but never even considered making an effort to go somewhere else for a show and not kicking myself for it until the last few years.

Proceeding to drink way too much prior to seeing them on the JT tree tour figuring our seats were crap so what did it matter...I recall hardly anything about the experience.

I am ashamed to admit that I wish I was a woman so I could love this band even more. ;)

Until last week, I had never owned a copy of Melon.

the big ONE - I have yet to see the Popmart concert video. (waiting for DVD release) :reject:

I bought tickets for the Elevation tour for 4 different cities in my vicinity, but I only went to 2 of them (I was too tired to go to the other 2!!!! :uhoh: ).

i do not own every single u2 album.
I do not know the lyrics to each and every u2 song
i have never seen the million dollar hotel

Back
Top Bottom