Kite, new single??? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-18-2001, 03:19 AM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 12:20 PM
Kite, new single???

Someone mentioned in the "Where The Album Has A Name" forum that Kite has been released as a single. Can anyone else confirm this?

This would be great news since this is one of my favorite songs from the album, but I doubt it is true.

Hope it is though.

Old 11-18-2001, 06:39 AM   #2
Refugee

Can't see how as Walk On is released tomorrow (19th Nov) there has been no mention of Kite being released or in the future for that matter. I agree with you though its one of the best tracks on the album and wouldn't mind seeing it released.

[This message has been edited by what a bomb! (edited 11-18-2001).]

Old 11-18-2001, 08:18 AM   #3
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 08:20 AM
I think "Kite" would have made a great single. I am surprised that many feel that it isn't "radio friendly" because I really think it is.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."
Old 11-19-2001, 06:50 AM   #4
Banned

I don't think is quite radio friendly - yet.
But with a bit of tweaking it might just work.
Old 11-19-2001, 12:13 PM   #5
Gunslinger

Local Time: 05:20 AM
This would be great news... if it were true. I highly doubt "they" would tell the press during the week of a new single release about a future single.

Kite has been my favorite off ATYCLB from day 1. I could see this one being a great single, but then again, I could see Drowning Man, Bad, One Tree Hill, Until the End of the World, and Gone being great singles too.

No offence to Pop fans (this isn't to insinuate that I don't like Pop - U2 could go all country on me and I would still like it in some small way! ), but if Pop could have six singles (Discotheque,Mofo,Staring,Last Night,If God...,and Please), then ATYCLB should, at the very least, have that many too. In a Little While, Kite, Wild Honey, and When I Look at the World should all be contenders.

------------------
"I know that this is not goodbye." -Kite

[This message has been edited by Roland of Gilead (edited 11-19-2001).]
Old 11-19-2001, 03:04 PM   #6
War Child

Local Time: 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Seconds:
Someone mentioned in the "Where The Album Has A Name" forum that Kite has been released as a single. Can anyone else confirm this?
That would be I. I didn't say it was being released as a single... I was just wondering whether any other radio stations were playing Kite because it's being played here... but Walk On has already been released as single in Canada (debuted #1) so I dunno... and most radio stations have a mind of their own anyways!

------------------

it's only in your head you feel left out or looked down on

SlipStream Soul
Old 11-19-2001, 11:12 PM   #7
Refugee

from u2log

"Reader Mike Lucio reports: Just heard on the radio that my local radio station in Canada will be playing the new U2 single "Kite" on a program they call " Pump it or Dump it " which just tests new material. They have a call in for people to say if they like the new material or not. Kite, the new Canadian single?"

Kite!! Pump it!

------------------
And I felt like a star...
Old 11-20-2001, 05:28 AM   #8
The Fly

"Kite" is the secound best song of the album, right after "I a little while" I would have wished one of these songs as a single!