Joshua Tree Remastered - what exactly does that mean

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jdelbove

Acrobat
I dont know too much about the technicals of the recording of music and I am wondering if the Joshua Tree Remastered is worth buying. Will the difference be noticable to the untrained ear.

What exactly does remastered mean - are the tracks being remixed? and if so how will this alter their sound. Are certain backing parts going to be more audible

I would appreciate some details of what Remastered means

it will be worth buying. even with a mediocre set of headphones you should be able to hear the difference.
remastering is a process where a new master is created from the original tapes. earlier pressings of the Joshua Tree came from a master created in the late 80s (I'm guessing, check the back of the cd and you'll know for sure. it's kind of like a printing for a novel). now, with newer technology, they can go back and clean up the original tapes, and create a new master recording. this is not a remix; levels should remain the same. however, it will hopefully sound more organic, like an LP. ideally, when you play an album through a good system, it should sound as though the band is in the room with you. let's hope they get that effect with this new remaster

Back
Top Bottom