iTunes rare song rip off.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stevews29

Babyface
I discovered something pretty disturbing at the iTunes music store:

They're selling all of U2's songs (446 total) for $150. That's a good deal, BUT there are 20-30 never before released tracks, album outtakes, and live tunes that you can only get if you buy the whole thing. The rest of the songs you can buy for 99 cents each, but not the unreleased ones.

The thing that pisses me off about this is that it's specifically designed to force people like me (us) who have faithfully bought everything U2 has released to buy the whole thing so we can get the unreleased tracks. In other words, I'd have to spend more money in order to get those rare tracks, while also downloading a copy of War that I bought 20 years ago and which I already have in my iTunes library.

It would probably frighten me if I knew how much money I've spent on U2 records, merchandise, and concert tickets. Doesn't the band understand that this move rips off the fans who've given them the most money over the years? I hope this is an Apple thing and the band has little to do with it. I'm a huge Apple fan, but this flat out insults me.

I've actually been hunting for an e-mail address to contact somebody at U2.com and complain. Any suggestions?

BTW, this is my first post. Sorry if this doesn't belong here.

oops

Sorry. And here I thought I was exposing something. Good to know I'm not alone in this.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom