It's August already, where's the news???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, we dont have anything new to read, and I wanted to know the dates as much as anyone and it appears that Beautiful Day (full version) appeared online August 27th, so I was probably confused by the clips etc. It appears, that 2 months is probably the right amount of time.

July 21st
lyrics from BD appear on U2log

August 1st, 2000
30 second clip of BD

August 3rd, 2000
details about BD single listing (bsides and such)

August 12th
New York, Wild Honey, When I look at the World, Grace, Peace on Earth
all appear in Propaganda a week before official announcement

August 20th, 2000
Official announcement made
tracklisting, release date
single news

August 25th, 2000
1:20 clip of Beautiful Day shows up online

August 27th, 2000
Full version of Beautiful Day appears online (accd to U2log)

August 31st, 2000
Beautiful Day "offically released to radio"

September 28th
Offical rlease of video (per U2log)

Anything really....is adam wearing boxers or briefs today, what did Larry have for breakfast this morning, did bono remember to dye his hair today, when will Edge take over the world?

Seriously, I'm starving for any morsel of info that the band or management would like to share. It's been a while since we heard anything concrete. This might be (Crosses fingers), the calm before the storm. A flurry of great news is probably right around the corner.:dance:

The reason why we haven't learned anything so far is because they are doing right now what they wanted to do for a while ... enjoy their vacation haha. I except them to be back in a week or two.

well we do have something new... new pictures.

hannover.jpg

vertigo.jpg

yeah, i'm loving the new pictures! Really, I love the colours of the new pics, hopefully we'll get one of these, or something similar for the album cover.

This is the beginning of the...uh..beginning, i guess!

I can almost hear tghe new album, we're getting close and things are starting to fall into place!

I don't like their new look too much. I think they're making Bono look older than he really is, with the gray, unshaven look and the old fashion hat. Bleh... I like the Elevation tour look alot better.

The rest of the band looks almost identical though.

shart1780 said:
I don't like their new look too much. I think they're making Bono look older than he really is, with the gray, unshaven look and the old fashion hat. Bleh... I like the Elevation tour look alot better.

I agree.

*prepares to get flamed*

JOFO said:

I agree.

*prepares to get flamed*

I like these snaps..they look cool.

To me the ATYCLB 'look' was a bit too postcard and polished..not a hair out of place etc. This has a more stark/edgy/honest look that I hope is a reflection on whats coming next..

Who knows though? The first photo that I saw of the 'new look' U2 in 1991 was a dodgy colour shot on the cover of 'Select' magazine with Bono sporting some lovely blue eyeliner! ..I remember thinking... "NO".

TheFirstBigW said:
It's also possible that the stolen CD issue brought their whole publicity machine to a temporary halt.

Many on these boards seem to think the stolen CD issue started their whole publicity machine back up again!

Nate Dogg said:

Many on these boards seem to think the stolen CD issue started their whole publicity machine back up again!
Good point. :)
Convoy said:
I think Edge Looks better in ccowboy hats then bono does.
I agree. Especially if Edge is also sporting a handlebar mustache. ;)

That hat is an old look; a throughback to the POP era, then everybody from Bon Jovi to Matchbox 20 statred wearing it.

I say ditch that hat...he's got the cool hair anyways.

Jim said:

I like these snaps..they look cool.

To me the ATYCLB 'look' was a bit too postcard and polished..not a hair out of place etc. This has a more stark/edgy/honest look that I hope is a reflection on whats coming next..

I totally agree.

I loved the entire 80's look, worshiped the ZooTv era and thought Bono's hair in the POP era was awesome. The only image in the history of the band that I didn't like (besides mullets) was the cleaned up ATYCLB look. It wasn't terrible at all, but it seemed to reflect the music, safe, cleaned up, maybe it was entirely appropriate.

I like the straw hat, I wish Bono would ditch the shades though.
It's time to lose the colored shades.

yeah i realllly dont like the hat

maybe not as bad as bono wearing suspenders with no shirt, but very close

Allow me to give the band some fashion advice;

Bono - MULLET. BRING BACK THE MULLET. UF-era mullet is where it's at.
Edge - Long hair, a la Lovetown. No moustache. No stupid bloody beanie, no hats, no shaved head. LONG HAIR. I don't care if it's a wig that's glued in place.
Adam - Two words: AFRO, glasses. AFRO, AFRO, AFRO.
Larry - Keep doing what you've been doing for twenty-one years. It works.

IMO

shart1780 said:

:yes: I loved the ATYCLB/Elevation look, on all of them. Probably their second best look, right after AB/Zoo TV.

Bono: no hats, shave and shorter hair - he's been looking way older ever since the Elevation tour ended. I'm not sure red is the best choice for glasses, it didn't grow on me since Popmart anyway. Denim (or is it jeans?) shirt is a nice change from leather :up:

Edge: pretty much the same, seems like he'll keep the Zoo TV/Elevation hat, which really suits him. The bald look he featured briefly after the tour didn't suit him.

Adam: interestingly, no glasses has been his style quite a few times since Elevation tour. :up: Somehow, grey-ish hair goes down with him well.

Larry: well, it's Larry. Of course he doesn't age ;) Don't think he wore jeans pants on the last tour, though.

Last edited:
Re: IMO

U2girl said:

Edge: pretty much the same, seems like he'll keep the Zoo TV/Elevation hat, which really suits him. .

I agree, Edge's whole getup during Elevation was great, jeans and a t-shirt. I liked how he customed it to every city he was in a lot of times. Stick with that. Bono....I don't know, he needs to do something. The hair isnt working for me and I'm s0-so about the denim thing. Fly shades and leather was the best Bono outfit for me.

I've never really cared how the guys look, it's all about the sound for me *but* if I were to make any critism on their appearance, I would suggest that Bono loose the Yoko Ono shades. Even when the man is tired he still looks so much better without them...

Jim said:

Who knows though? The first photo that I saw of the 'new look' U2 in 1991 was a dodgy colour shot on the cover of 'Select' magazine with Bono sporting some lovely blue eyeliner! ..I remember thinking... "NO".

Oooh, I must see that...anybody know where I can find it online? :drool:

New Album: U2 HQ

Tracklisting:

Vertigo***********(First Single)
Jahweh************************************
All Because Of You******
Tough****
Full Metal jacket*********************
Origin Of the Species*******
Beyond****
How To Diffuse An Atomic Bomb*******************
Sometimes (You Can"t make It On Your Own)*************
Paris***
From Love***
Social********

rymyx said:
New Album: U2 HQ

Tracklisting:

Vertigo***********(First Single)
Jahweh************************************
All Because Of You******
Tough****
Full Metal jacket*********************
Origin Of the Species*******
Beyond****
How To Diffuse An Atomic Bomb*******************
Sometimes (You Can"t make It On Your Own)*************
Paris***
From Love***
Social********

:drool:

like that shit? me too, so straved for new material im making shiat up in my mind like a bored teenager in class on a friday.

The final straw for me would be an accompanying dvd of one hour of recording session documentary and the release of ZooTV on DVD complete with enough extras to motivate me to never leave my fucking house all winter : except for slurpees and haircuts.

Just Bring It!

Back
Top Bottom