Interference.com members: Unite to push OOTS up the radio charts!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lov12113

The Fly
Now is the time, my brothers and sisters!!! Let us rise up and tell the radio stations that we want to hear OOTS!!! Let us unite and call/e-mail the radio stations (Program directors are who you need to contact) and let us leave them a message they will not forget: millions of U2 fans in the United States want to there the new single OOTS. Millions of people can certainly increase a radio station's ratings.

Here's the agenda:

original of the Species has been released as a radio single in the USA to both Triple A and Hot AC format stations. If the single can top both formats, especially HOT AC, the song will be getting more airplay than any single from this album since Vertigo. This could eventually help the song to later be added to the CHR/Pop stations which are were the real airplay is.....a song that breaks the top ten of the CHR/Pop format will achieve huge airplay nationwide and these high charting songs can often boost album sales by anywhere from 1 to 3 million. I have no doubt that if OOTS can chart high on Triple A, Hot AC, and CHR/POP then the album will certainly break 4x platinum in the USA (which would be another million from where it is now).

So here is the plan: below is a list of all radio stations currently playing the song in the USA, all of these stations are Triple A. The song was just released to Hot AC but is brand new on this format and isn't yet showing up on Radio and Records playlists for individual stations. My guess is within a week or 2, we will see atleast a few Hot AC stations playing it.

All current stations playing OOTS in the USA:

WZGC Atlanta, GA
WXRV 92.5 The River Portsmouth-Dover-Rochester, NH
WXPN Philadelphia, PA
WXPK Y-107 White Plains, NY
WWVV Hilton Head, SC
WTTS 92.3 Indianapolis, IN
WTMD Baltimore, MD
WNRN Charlottsville, VA
WNCS Burlington-Plattsburg, VT-NY
WMWV Conway, NH
WMMM Triple M, Madison, WI
WEHM Hamptons-Riverhead, NY
WDST Poughkeepsie, NY
92.9 BOS, Boston, MA
KWMT Tucson, AZ
KTHX Reno, NV
KTBG Kansas City, MO
KPRI San Diego, CA
103.7 The Mountain, Seattle-Tacoma, WA
107.5 The End, Salt Lake City, UT
KBXR Columbia, MO

This may seem like alot of stations but it really is not!! This is only about 1/3 of the Triple A stations and NONE of the Hot AC.

Please, check this list: if you live in an area with a HOT AC or Triple A format station (if you're not sure what the format is, consider whether they have ever played U2) pl3ease call and request OOTS or e-mail them......

Now is the time....lets unite to influence the radio stations to play OOTS massively!!!! This could help our boys win grammies and sell more albums!!!!

:up:
please continue with your campaign! post this everyday!
Original Of The Species must be heard all around the U.S and the world, its such a masterpiece!
Thank you, you are a real U2 fan:bow:
God Bless You

I'm so glad you posted this because we really need a lot of people to get OOTS played on the radio. Immediately after I listened to the album I knew this was my favorite song on it. It's such a beautiful song and I think it would appeal to many people just based on the theme and the music in general. I still haven't heard it on the radio yet, same thing happened here with COBL which i didn't hear on radio stations until a few weeks after it was released. YAY!! WE can do this!!! Maybe the video on TRL today introduced some more people to it and hopefully some more radio stations will pick it up!!

^ they do, but they also love feedback on what tracks to air. They love e-mails and stuff cos it is such good promotion: listeners feel they are listened when their e-mails are read/messages aired, and they feel attracted to the radio :yes:

Additinally, it does help them know what to air!! :)

hahahahahaha!!!!
i just called STAR 98.7 in L.A. and demanded to know why they weren't playing u2's new single, original of the species, more and he said because they aren't playing it at all. and i said "well why not?" he ignored me and asked me if i was a big u2 fan and i said " I'm a huge u2 fan" he asked me what song i wantred richard blade to play so i said "i don't know, iWILL FOLLOW is a good one, but you have to work on getting the new one played" and he's like "ok i will but what else do you want to hear on totally 80s?" so i said "depeche mode" hes like "okay thanks...blah blah"

so as soon as i get off the phone they play STILL HAVN"T FOUND. and after that i hear my voice on the radio. hahaha. he played our conversation but edited all the OOTS parts out. it was really funny.

so yeah if you were listening to that station a little after 12:00 pm that was me talking about u2. they better play all my requests. :mad:

you got me. Keep this thread up. VIVA OOTS!!!!!!!!!!!

I will continue to monitor Radio and Records for new info about which stations are playing this song. I did notice that it has been released to rock format as well but only 2 stations have begun playing it in this format. In about a week, I'll have another update. Until then: lets push a great song...haven't we all had enough of the crap on radio?

Back
Top Bottom